Best wireless router to give strong signal and prevent buffering?
Hello all. I just recently loaded Kodi onto an Amazon Fire Stick. It plays pretty well in the living room where the ISP's modem/router is at, but there is still a little bit of buffering. I have a 40Mbps fiberoptic connection. When it's connected to ethernet, I get that speed or more. The lowest I've ever tested it at was 35Mbps.

I'm looking for a good wireless option to setup in my apartment. The unfortunate part of my apartment is that the only connector for the internet is on one side of the apartment. This happens to be the opposite side of the apartment that my bedroom is on. My ISP's modem will give a good full bar signal throughout the living room. After that it goes to 2 bars in my son's room, in my room(the furthest) it gets one bar or disconnects. Total distance to the very end of my room from the router is about 30 feet, and 2 walls.

I've done a fair amount of research on wireless routers in the last few days and understand what dual band is, and what ac, and n is, etc. Sorry for the long explanation, but what I'm asking is for somebody that uses kodi on an amazon fire stick successfully without much buffering issues to tell me what model of router they have, as long as they are in a similar situation...30 feet away through a few walls, to their amazon fire stick, and no buffering other than an occasional one maybe on an off day. If you have a large house and you have a router that gives a strong signal, I want that one. What is your model? I'm hoping to spend $100 or less. If I can get away with getting one like this, it would be the pretty ideal: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y5R...PDKIKX0DER

I've looked at dual band routers and that would probably be even better, but I'm concerned with signal strength, as well is bandwith output, even ac routers, although honestly, for a 1000sq foot apartment, I think it might be overkill. I'm just surprised the connection is so bad on the ISP modem that it won't reach my bedroom. I've never seen that.
Well...I've decided on buying a cheap N300 router and placing it in my son's room which is halfway in between my bedroom as the ISP's wireless modem/router. I'm hoping this will fix any problems as the signal overlap should be enough to keep a maximum about of strength and bandwith.. The amazon fire stick will be the only thing using up wireless bandwith besides cell phones which aren't used heavily.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best wireless router to give strong signal and prevent buffering?0