Playback failed after adding second profile
Good afternoon to you all,

I am new to this forum, so I will do an short introduction of myself. I am Wouter and I life in The Netherlands. I have been using XBMC for a long time on my PC and I recently switched to two Raspberry Pi's (one in the living room and one in my bedroom).

Everything was working fine until I decided to add a second profile to Kodi for my friend/roommate. In short, this is my set-up:

- Netgear NAS (2 TB) with protected personal shares and a media share with open access (so no password required);
- Raspberry Pi 2. Wired connection to same router as NAS;

While I was only using one profile on Kodi, everything was working like a charm. I added the second profile, which was a total fresh set-up. So I had to add the media shares etc. for this account. At first I added the movies share, which worked fine. All 100+ movies were detected so I decided to test if everything was working properly. I was... at least that is what it looked like...

For my friend's account (Steven) playback was fine. After adding some other sources, all on the NAS, and testing if everything worked properly, everything seemed to work just fine. Trouble began when Steven logged off and I switched to my own account again. When I was trying to start a movie or tv show nothing seemed to happen. After a couple of tries I got an error: 'PLAYBACK FAILED. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.'. Log files were checked, but I have got no idea what I'm looking for. All I see is: '11:48:07 T:1788867648 ERROR: Open - Error opening nfs://192.168.1.14/c/media/Videos/Movies/A Few Good Men (1992)/A Few Good Men (1992).mkv' and '11:48:07 T:1970172448 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [nfs://192.168.1.14/c/media/Videos/Movies/A Few Good Men (1992)/A Few Good Men (1992).mkv]'

I am using A Few Good Men as an example right now. The problem appears on every movie/tv show I have tested.

Once I restarted the Raspberry Pi everything worked properly again on my own account. After switching to Steven's account, his seemed to work fine to. But when switching back to my own account, I was in the same trouble again. Switching back to Steven's account now gives me the same kind of errors.

Hope I gave enough information about the troubles I'm experiencing. I really wonder what is causing this problems and I hope you guys can help me out.

The KODI.log is right here: http://pastebin.com/t9CddVvm
I don't know which information is required, so I copied the whole log file
Bump
Probably worth asking in the "OS independent" forum. It's very unlikely to be a Pi specific issue,
and I know little about what effect changing profile has on network file access.
(2015-03-22, 18:56)popcornmix Wrote: Probably worth asking in the "OS independent" forum. It's very unlikely to be a Pi specific issue,
and I know little about what effect changing profile has on network file access.

I just did that: 222144 (thread)

Thanks for the advise Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback failed after adding second profile0