Win I cant side load kodi onto my amazon fire stick
im sorry if this is a stupid question but i have been trying to side load kodi onto my amazon fire stick and it is not freaking working. i have watched so many youtube videos including the one from this site and it still doesnt work. i have tried using adb fire and the little green bar loads multiple times. last time i left it alone and it loaded for almost 30 mins and still no app showed up on my fire stick. i have also used command and it seems to always freeze and wont continue. i have also used the amazon utility app and when i click load 3rd party, it acts like its doing something but it just freeze. every one elses video shows something happening after a few mins. i am running windows 7 on an hp laptop. what can i do? someone please help. thank you.
I am on windows 8.1 and I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. I have two more things to try then I am out of options. We need to check to see if our fire is Rooted I guess turn that off. Also I think when using these they aren't working because we need some sort of apk installer so adb fire or command prompt will recognize the apk file.... Not a computer wiz so does this make any sense lolHuh? If u figure out what's wrong please share because I'm ready to throw something literally!!!! Keep each other postedHuh
Ok I found out what the problem is. I was trying to load kodi over wifi using my laptop. What I ended up doing is I got and Ethernet cable and hardlined it from the router to my laptop. Then I did the same loading process using ADB and it work perfectly. I guess trying to load side load it with wifi doesn't have a fast enough connection or something. Anyways just plug Ethernet cable into your computer and and follow YouTube videos showing how to use ADB Fire. Hope this helps. Good luck.
AWESOME!!! I'm trying RIGHT AFTER DINNER IS MADE!!!! I felt stupid because I do know my way around connecting and loading stuff so I'm not completely illiterate but this made me feel that way!!!! Omg I can't believe it was that simple!!! I was reading when to use apk and when to use x86 and thought maybe this was my problem!!! I will send u a go msg if it works!!!! And hey.... Thanks for letting me know I really really appreciate it!!!
I had the same problem but finally got it to work. Make sure both the FireTV Utility App and Android – ARM app are on your C: drive. I launched the utility app from C:\FTV. I think the app has trouble if it has to go through multiply folders.

I wouldn’t think that hard wiring your laptop to a router would make a difference. I can load it thru WIFI in under 10 minutes. If your WIFI isn't strong enough to load the software, it won’t be strong enough to stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I cant side load kodi onto my amazon fire stick0