New box, faster than rpi
Hello out there

I Got a rpi model b, but im getting sick of the slow menus and when i play dvd rip and bluray rips it stops for a few second and then start again, and i does not say buffering, dont know whats happening.

I want a box with following, only to play media from nas server, and with faster menues:
Cec hdmi
Small
Easy set up, like rpi
Faster than rpi
Maybe able to use usb pen with movies on and bring on vecation.

Hope someone have some suggestion Smile
Rpi2
Is it that much faster, because i was looking a bit at a cubox i2/i4 i seems in spec a bit better than my rpi, but anyone have som experience with these versus rpi, and maybe rpi2?
Short answer: No.
Longer answer: Have a lookg in the Testing and Development forum on how imx hardware comes along.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok so best thing would be to buy a new rpi2 model b?
What os is the best/quickest for this now?
I'll just go get the can opener, so we can Open that Can of Worms right now yes ?

Talk about a loaded question.

The OSMC distribution is still in the testing and pre release stage and has some bugs that need fixing before fair comparisons can be made to OpenElec.
I will say this going from a very tweaked RPi B+ to a Turbo Overclocked RPi 2, is like jumping off a bicycle onto a motorbike.

Those extra cores and Kodi multithreaded, optimised code really do make a difference. Combine this with a new Class 10 Samsung SD card and you wont look back. I don't see much difference in Kodi operation between the RPi2 and my 4 core 2.7Ghz iMac now.

An absolute bargain if you don't need full tilt HD Audio.
Yes it's that good for most users.

Smile

Nice, almost sounds to good to be true, Will try it out as soon as posible
Keep in mind that your stuttering/buffering may not be solved by 4 cores... But mine are great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box, faster than rpi0