v14 Bug while watching movies directly from usb drive
Hi
I'm pretty new in this raspberry pi section (got mine (pi 2) two weeks ago) but I have a huge problem.
I am currently running a simple setup with a 1tb Harddrive and nothing more. It is connected via USB to the pi and I can play every movie or song in full HD without any problems.
But every once in a while the movie stops playing (looks like a pause or something like this).
I started searching for a problem resolution, but the only thing I was able to find was something with a too small cache (?) and buffering issues.
I checked the buffering at the points where the movies generally stop playing and discovered, that the bar is loading increadibly slow.
But I can watch the first hour or so perfectly smooth without any issues. The problem happen (most of the time) at 2/3 of the playing time.
I have absolutely no idea how to fix this annoing stuff.
When I skip the part (where it is having the problems) it runns smooth and after a few minutes it starts againg with this annoying pauses and sound issues.
The video files are okay (my pc has no problems playing them).

Do you guys have any suggestions what I can try to fix this?
Or do you need any further information (I hope I can answer the questions)...
Hopefully someone can help me
And sorry for my terrible englisch hehe

Greetings from germany!
Upload a debug log (wiki) while playing one of the movies (whole log, to a pastebin site).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
http://goo.gl/330cV6

A: The movie plays, then suddenly stops, nothing happends for a few seconds, audio is stuttering, video is running faster than usual, movie contiunues playing normal
B: The movie plays, then suddenly crashes
C: The movie plays, then suddenly stops, continues with audio and video stuttering

If the log file isn't good enough i can try to make a better one Smile
The bug with crashing is only at a specific movie at a specific time (on pc it runs smooth without any issues) but the others can happen at any time and aren't reproduceable (because they happen from time to time and not at a specific time, scene or whatever)
Popcornmix can probably advise, but your log has several discontinuity errors which would suggest a problem with timestamps, ie. badly encoded files. You could try a Kodi 15 test build to see if that improves matters, or upload a sample file so that it can be confirmed as an encoding problem rather than a decode issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Okay thanks
I'll try a test build and keep you up to date if something changes Wink
Transporter 3 (1080p).mkv is VC-1 format:
Code:
16:35:24 T:1803547712 WARNING: CMMALVideo::Open Codec mmal-vc1 is not supported

You'll need a codec licence to play that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug while watching movies directly from usb drive0