XBMC/Kodi with a LG TV remote
Exclamation 
Hey,

I have bought the Raspberry Pi 2 yesterday, and it works very well.
I can use my TV remote to navigate in folders, and to play/pauze movies.
Except that soms buttons on my remote control don't seem to work.
I can use a keyboard or my tablet, but I want to use my TV remote.
After I play a movie, I want to return to the main menu for example. But the remote control can't get to the close button (X in the right upper corner).
So I get stuck in the movie section. So I disconnect power to return to the main menu. No a good way...

I have a LG TV 42LF66
I'm using Kodi with openelec 5.0.3
The CEC adapter is
Product ID 1001
Manufacter: 2708
Class: cec
Version: libcec.2.2.0 firmware v1

I have a remote like this
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/image/hdtv/LG-...remote.jpg
The 'EXIT' and 'BACK' button don't seem to work for returning to the main menu.

I also read here that you can configure the buttons.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard.xml#Remotes

So I want to configure the buttons EXIT, BACK, red, green, yellow and blue button.
If the EXIT and BACK can't be configured I will use the color buttons to return to the main menu.

The location of the keymaps folder is here:
OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/

My steps:
-connect with putty
the putty connection
192.168.1.2:22
-login: -root/openelec

commands:
ls -al
cd .kodi
cd userdata
cd keymaps

There is no remote.xml here?
My linux is very weak, I know only ls and cd ....

What I want:
-using the color buttons to return to the main menu, or videos, music menu.
-the remaining buttons must work as the default (like play, pauze, ....)

I want something like this.
Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
     <remote>
        <red>ActivateWindow(Home)</red> //main menu
        <green>ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</green> //video menu
        <yellow>ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</yellow> //music menu
        <blue>ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</blue> //picture menu
        ... the rest is default...
     </remote>
   </global>
</keymap>

Is this the way to do it? Is there an example how to do this?
Or can somebody make the remote.xml for me?
And how to put it there? And what to I need to do next? Because I can't find any good manual...

Thanks in advance.
Nick.
You could try http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Yes I installed this, but I couldn't figure out how to set it for the remote.
There were for the keyboard I think?
I have an LG TV as well, different model and remote though. Unfortunately the number of buttons that the TV seems to pass through to the Pi indeed seems fairly limited. I for example can't even get the color buttons to be registered. I had to abuse the rewind and fast forward buttons for context menu and info for example.

Just try using the keymap editor as popcornmix suggested. That way you'll also be able to see wich buttons are passed on to Kodi. IIRC popcornmix once posted some command line command that could be used through ssh to register the remote button ids, but unfortunately I can't find it anymore.

EDIT: Ah oops. You replied while I wrote this post. Yeah, the keymap editor seems to register the remote as keyboard as well here. Still seems to work though.
Thanks for your reply.
So I can use the Keymap editor with the remote control?
How must I use it?
Just start the editor, go to a specific action (like return to main menu), then press the button on the remote?
Yeah indeed, it is pretty self explanatory once you start the keymap editor. Hope you can get those colored buttons to work. Annoys the hell out of me that I can't use them.
(2015-03-21, 19:43)FlowT Wrote: Yeah indeed, it is pretty self explanatory once you start the keymap editor. Hope you can get those colored buttons to work. Annoys the hell out of me that I can't use them.

Unfortunately which buttons are handled by the TV and which are forwarded through CEC are determined by the TV, and there is no way through the CEC standard of requesting to forward or not-forward specific buttons. Blame LG if the coloured buttons don't get passed through CEC (my Panasonic does pass the coloured buttons).
Yeah, I was actually blaming LG in the first place. Maybe I should have made myself more clear.
Thanks for the information, I will try this Smile
It worked

Open start: |<<
Open video: >>|

Thanks for the help.
I have coloured buttons working on my LG, keyboard.xml inside userdata/keymaps folder.

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<skipminus>Rewind</skipminus>
<skipplus>FastForward</skipplus>
<red>info</red>
<green>ContextMenu</green>
<yellow>ToggleWatched</yellow>
<blue>CodecInfo</blue>
</remote>
</global.
(2015-03-23, 10:18)Wanderlei Wrote: I have coloured buttons working on my LG, keyboard.xml inside userdata/keymaps folder.

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<skipminus>Rewind</skipminus>
<skipplus>FastForward</skipplus>
<red>info</red>
<green>ContextMenu</green>
<yellow>ToggleWatched</yellow>
<blue>CodecInfo</blue>
</remote>
</global.

I would also like to set this up, at present I can only get forward/rewind, stop, play working and also back, but I would like to program the coloured buttons so I can get info and context menu working, Whats the best method?
Most likely that means that your TV does not forward these buttons and you are pretty much out of luck. Try using the keymap editor linked above to test if those buttons get forwarded at all.
After having this problem my self i searched the net for hours b4 i found this post and it works spot on.

"I have a LG TV. To go back in the menu I have to press the green Stop button and directly after this the OK button. I did not change anything in the system."
Yes, if you have working video recorder buttons (e.g. stop/play/pause) then there are some "combo" keys available:
Back = Stop + Select(OK)
Root Menu = Stop + Pause
Context Menu = Stop + Play

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC/Kodi with a LG TV remote0