Aeon Knox 5 on helix - no movie logos in Showcase view? No random DVD covers?
Sorry for the odd topic. Didn't know how to encapsulate all my questions into an easy tor ead topic...

I am running XBMC 13 on all of my media servers here in the house, however I recently downloaded Kodi (Helix) and decided to look into upgrading all of my media boxes to it. I'm playing with Kodi on my main PC, and once I get it all figured out the idea is to create an openelec usb installer and take it from box to box and upgrade them all. Before I do this though, I want to make sure all the features I am currently using are still present.

On my old setup I have Aeon Nox running in Showcase mode with movie logos enabled (instead of text labels). On the main menu my movie background is "random dvd covers", which creates a layout that looks like a pile of dvds that randomly change each time I boot up or after a certain amount of time.

In Helix w/ Aeon Nox 5 these options seem to have disappeared. I used the artwork downloader to repopulate my collection. I know it worked because if I choose "logo" mode for the view, it displays the movie's logo. I'm not a fan of this mode however as I don't get the drop down info box, the movie poster, fanart, or basically anything else that we use to browse on our current setup. On the old version there was an option to use logo if it existed in showcase mode, however i can't find anything like this in the new version. Has it been removed? If so, why? It doesn't make any sense to remove the level of customization that it used to have :/

The second part isn't as important, but again, I was just surprised to see the option missing. I think the old option was called Live DVD covers? Maybe I'm wrong. Now the options are a single image, a slideshow of images, or one a few random fanart options.

The random fanart is ok, but I enjoyed seeing the dvd covers as it gave me a quick scatter shot of 20 or so movies in my collection, and often I would end up seeing it the and then want to watch it. Just another way to find things to watch I guess.

I found this mod which seems to show it using random dvd/bluray covers:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=195665

However I'm not sure how I would install a mod to an openelec install? It would be easy enough on my pcs, but not my little linux boxes.... If there is a mod that does what I am looking for above, is there a resource online that explaisn how to apply a mod to an openelec install? Thank you *very* much for any help with this.
+1 for bringing back the movie/show logo instead of the text title
For the record, I ended up realizing that I just needed to use the Aeon Shednox skin, which retains all the features from version 4. Why all this was scrapped from v5 is beyond me.
(2015-03-23, 04:56)exoscoriae Wrote: For the record, I ended up realizing that I just needed to use the Aeon Shednox skin, which retains all the features from version 4. Why all this was scrapped from v5 is beyond me.

Read the first post the the main Nox 5 thread. BigNoid explains his decisions there.
I saw the post, but I didn't feel it explained anything. Simply saying he wanted to clean it up eliminate "redundant views" is a very arbitrary viewpoint.

The logo option wasn't redundant before there was a logo view. And the logo view strips so much away that by itself it doesn't offer nearly enough info the compete with the more established views, like Showcase. Simply allowing showcase mode to use logos as well is not redundant - it is choice. We have these assets downloaded, and the simple fact is, there is no single view in aeon nox that allows the user to make use out of a majority of the assets at the same time.

I think the phrase I'm looking for is, "don't fix what ain't broke."
Mate, i'm not saying his decisions are right or wrong, but it's his skin, his choice.
sure, I understand. however he also released it to the public, which means he's bound to get opinions.and in general, people aren't too excited about the removal of features.
Nevermind. I'm sure life will carry on regardless [WINKING FACE]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Knox 5 on helix - no movie logos in Showcase view? No random DVD covers?0