File association to python scripts
Is there a way to associate a script with a file type. I've noticed in q:\system\python\Lib the are JpegImagePlugin.py and GifImagePlugin.py both of which have file association tags at the end.

I've written a text viewer and I'd like to associate it too text files. Can this be done and how? Will the script need to be in q:\system\python\Lib??
No you cannot associate a script with a filetype. Those two py files you mention are used by Python to decode those image types; not by Xbmc. You'll have to add a simple filebrowser to your text viewer so you can pick a file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
wow that really sucks it would be a really nice feature and having a text viewer or better yet editor that opened files from the filebrowser would be an awsome feature. I hate having to open unleash x or ftp'ing text files over to read or edit them. XBMC seems just laking in that area. When so much of the XBOX software out the is set up from text files. As for a siple filebrowser I already did that I just used xbmcgui.Dialog().browse(1,"a file","files"). It works a treat. but really falls short of the usability of an integrated text viewer / editor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File association to python scripts0