Wich PCI-E DVB-S2 Tuner for W8.1 HTPC Media Center ?
Hi everybody and thank you to read my request.

I'd like to build a W8.1 HTPC Media Center
So... i dont know where to start.
What is the best solution ?

In this server, i'll add a PCI-E DVB-S2 tuner card like TBS brand or others, but i dont know wich is the best, coz there are a lot of version and i'm note sure which is the latest version or wich is the best.

Could you help me please ?

Many thanks Smile
Depends on the country you live in and the television broadcast standard you will use.

Europe for example mostly uses different DVB standards, like DVB-T2 (terrestrial), DVB-C2 (cable), or DVB-S2 (satellite). After you know that then LinuxTV.org wiki is then a good place to start looking.

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha...nformation

It doesn't really matter what client you have as long as the PVR backend supports it.
Hi !
Thanks for your answer Smile
I'm from France but i need Turksat 4A channels
The tuner will be DVB-S2

Thanks =)
Beware the TBS boards under Linux. AIUI their drivers aren't part of the standard Linux builds? I'd look at what backend you want to use - TV Headend, VDR, MythTV, MediaPortal, Windows Media Center etc. - and then look at what tuner cards are suggested for that backend in the PVR forums here or the forums for those specific solutions.

I run a couple of TBS cards with Windows Media Center in one setup, and the Windows drivers are fine. Under Linux I run a USB DVB-S2 tuner and a couple of USB DVB-T2 tuners, mainly with TV Headend.

Also - beware that unless you are watching 720/50p channels, you will be watching interlaced 576i or 1080i services, and Android solutions aren't usually that good at de-interlacing, so you may be disappointed by the picture quality compared to a standalone PVR or set-top box. (Raspberry Pi 2, Chromebox are probably better Kodi Live TV front-ends)
Thanks !

After searching long and long time... I hesitate between the following cards :
- Prof Revolution DVB-S2 9000 (i dont know where to find it...)
- Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000
- TBS 6982
- SkyStar 2 eXpress HD
- TERRATEC Cinergy S2

What do you think about them ?
so ?
you dont know ? :'(
Afraid I've not used any of those boards. If you are using Media Center in Windows then I've used a TBS 6981 with no problems in a couple of Windows 7 builds, but not the 6982. Haven't used the other boards you mention.

However I haven't tried Windows 8 or 8.1 because AIUI you have to have the Pro edition before you can buy the Windows Media Center upgrade. If you use DVB Viewer or similar I guess you'll be fine.
I have a TBS6982, I was running MediaPortal under Win7 but it's time for new hardware / software. What hardware are you looking to use? I'm looking for a 24/7 running low power TV box with the TBS card. Sole purpose will be TV server. Don't know what hardware yet though.
I run a SandyBridge Pentium in a low-profile Silverstone case for my Win 7 Media Center set-up. Works pretty well and runs cool and quiet with just a small, low-noise, fan. Fine for 720p and 1080i stuff. Keep thinking about upgrading it, but it just works so I haven't. If I were starting from scratch I'd be looking at SAT>IP stuff with TV Headend now. No need for the TV Card to be in the PC, and the Triax Quad DVB-S2 SAT>IP stuff is cheaper than a USB or PCI-E equivalent 4 tuner set-up AND lets you run with a small form factor. TV Headend has reasonable SAT>IP support now I believe, as does DVB-Viewer. Not sure about DVB Logic's stuff (which is what I run my TBS 6981 with in Win 7 MC to allow me to do multi-satellite properly)
I will mount my media center tv on this :
Dell Optiplex 3010DT
Intel Core i5
250Gb
8192 Mo
AMD Radeon HD 7470

Triax Quad DVB-S2 SAT costs about 350€ and high end PCI-E quad DVB-S2 card cost about 300€ (at least)
So, i think the best choice will be mounting a multimedia center including PCI-E DVB-S2 card

Could you help me to choice the best card please ?

Sincerly Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wich PCI-E DVB-S2 Tuner for W8.1 HTPC Media Center ?0