• 7(current)
Release WNBC Programs
(2016-02-09, 18:38)gazzfoth Wrote: Where is the live nbc station on here? I cant find it

There is no live channel with this add-on.
ok thanks
(2016-02-06, 01:57)learningit Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 23:41)Rickt1962 Wrote: Alright Got WinSCP interesting program ! Stumbling around OSMC did a search for cookies.dat found in ./OSMC/.kodi/temp/ which the .kodi is a hidden folder. went in and changed cookiestemp.dat rebooted Kodi tried WNBC ....... Same problem Sad logged back in to check found cookies.dat along side of cookiestemp.dat

Any other ones you want to try ?

No idea what's wrong, but it's definitely platform related.

OH I finally understood what you where saying ! LOL Im just a little slow........

I never use my laptop for Kodi but the other day added the Windows version of Kodi 14.2 with WNBC and its been working great for many days ! That's what you meant about being platform related.. WNBC doesn't work on Raspberry Pi .

If anybody reading this thread and has Raspberry Pi-2 with OSMC 16 please test WNBC
I wonder if Openelec would change it ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Stopped working, or just me!?! Won't cache the shows past 36%
If it helps
I'm using an Odroid C1+ running Ubuntu 14.03 LTS , and 90% of the WNBC function OK
The Odroid C1+ is near enough the same as a rasp PI2 , quad core ARMhf , just a different processor.
(2016-03-14, 17:14)Richard-g8jvm Wrote: If it helps
I'm using an Odroid C1+ running Ubuntu 14.03 LTS , and 90% of the WNBC function OK
The Odroid C1+ is near enough the same as a rasp PI2 , quad core ARMhf , just a different processor.

The issue you identified in the other thread is due to the episodes being locked and requiring a cable login. There are only a few shows with older episodes, as well as the live feed which are locked. I will add a notification to tell users that the video is locked in the next release.
Thanks,
that at least makes sense now, this must have been done recently, there's a very long list of cable companies on the NBC site.
WNBC is now working again on OSMC ! Smile Did the addon update ? or was one of the OSMC updates fixed it ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Newbie here. Downloaded addons for WABC, WCBS and WNBC programs on an Android tv box running Kodi 16.0 Jarvis. While the first 2 work, WNBC version 1.0.13 fails with playback error: *One or more items failed to play" each time a program is played. Thanks for any suggestion.
(2016-03-24, 03:03)crabkick Wrote: Newbie here. Downloaded addons for WABC, WCBS and WNBC programs on an Android tv box running Kodi 16.0 Jarvis. While the first 2 work, WNBC version 1.0.13 fails with playback error: *One or more items failed to play" each time a program is played. Thanks for any suggestion.

The first dozen posts of this thread, as well as numerous others within it explain that:
If you live outside of the US, you must use a smartDNS or proxy to get this add-on to work.
I am not able to help you with how to do that.
(2016-03-24, 03:14)learningit Wrote: The first dozen posts of this thread, as well as numerous others within it explain that:
If you live outside of the US, you must use a smartDNS or proxy to get this add-on to work.

I did vpn to a US server before streaming the NBC program contents. The gui displays the show entries, but none of the program can be played.
(2016-03-24, 04:15)crabkick Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 03:14)learningit Wrote: The first dozen posts of this thread, as well as numerous others within it explain that:

I did vpn to a US server before streaming the NBC program contents. The gui displays the show entries, but none of the program can be played.

A debug log would be a good thing. The website is very picky about what can be used as a proxy, a free one probably won't cut it. Only the playable url requires proxy the nav links do not, so don't know how valid what you're doing is until there's a debug log.
Hi
Have a look at Proxy Solutions, thats what I use and I watch WNBC
HTH
(2016-03-24, 05:15)learningit Wrote: A debug log would be a good thing. The website is very picky about what can be used as a proxy, a free one probably won't cut it. Only the playable url requires proxy the nav links do not, so don't know how valid what you're doing is until there's a debug log.

http://xbmclogs.com/padrnm48o

There's an error on first upload. Hope everything is captured there.
(2016-03-24, 11:08)Richard-g8jvm Wrote: Hi
Have a look at Proxy Solutions, thats what I use and I watch WNBC
HTH

Might think about switching when my subscription expires. Thanks for sharing.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WNBC Programs2