Release CBS Programs
This addon provides all CBS programs such as: The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, etc. - classic CBS programs (Star Trek, Brady Bunch) , 60 Minutes as well as local Raleigh, NC news and weather.
This is a light addon which I wrote to work with my Amazon Fire Stick which keeps running out of memory. Proxy and subtitles are supported.
Available in the kodi.org repo: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/pl...ideo.wral/
Great Add-on, but there is one small thing I just noticed, Mike & Molly under Watch CBS Shows is loading "Most Recent Videos", everything else is working fine.
(2015-04-27, 11:51)Eye in the sky Wrote: Great Add-on, but there is one small thing I just noticed, Mike & Molly under Watch CBS Shows is loading "Most Recent Videos", everything else is working fine.
The API has a peculiar way of returning any recent shows when there are no, or very few, episodes of the particular program that is being requested. The website behaves the same way. I probably am not going to add logic to figure out whether or not the returned videos are in the show requested - I'll probably get it wrong for some cases.
V1.0.5 Update in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.wral/

This fixes some bugs and adds metadata and selectable views. The view values are set for the ftv skin, you need to set the correct values for any other skin.
Some CBS Shows with full Episodes are missing.

Code Black
Life in Pieces
Limitless
Madam Secretary
Mom
Supergirl
(2015-12-03, 10:32)Eye in the sky Wrote: Some CBS Shows with full Episodes are missing.

Code Black
Life in Pieces
Limitless
Madam Secretary
Mom
Supergirl

That's a nuisance. They must wait to add new shows to the internal nav links. I'll see what I can do to add in the missing bits.
Had to do something similar in USTV Vod scrape the shows menu for any missing.
(2015-12-03, 14:06)slices Wrote: Had to do something similar in USTV Vod scrape the shows menu for any missing.

@slices thanks, decided to just do the scrape of the shows menu, but the metadata is not as good as the internal json nav calls, too bad I guess unless they update the internal nav ones.
I've done a pull request for a new version (2.0.1) on the kodi.org repo. The addon should become available in the kodi.org repo for Isengard users in a day or two.

A few things to note:
This version will work with Isengard or above as it uses some new api features.
This version does not have the local WRAL news and weather. The addonid remains plugin.video.wral, but the name of the addon has changed from "WRAL News and Weather" to "WCBS Programs". This means that you will see the addon listed as "WCBS Programs"
Folks who are running Isengard (15.0 or above) will be able to auto update from the kodi.org repo if you previously had "WRAL News and Weather" installed.

For people running a version of Kodi lower than Isengard, please upgrade if you want to continue using this addon (or any of my t1m addons). It will be marked as "broken' very soon.
Version 2.0.1 works fine now, thanks.
I'm not complaining because I don't know how to create add-ons and you guys have to do what you need to, but I must have been one of the few people who used the wral addon for the live streaming news. Does anyone happen to know where I can stream the wral live news for a G-box Q and an Amazon Firestick?
(2015-12-12, 23:09)gentleart Wrote: I'm not complaining because I don't know how to create add-ons and you guys have to do what you need to, but I must have been one of the few people who used the wral addon for the live streaming news. Does anyone happen to know where I can stream the wral live news for a G-box Q and an Amazon Firestick?

AFAIK the streams/VOD were broken for quite some time. I fixed them twice after seeing them broken for a couple of weeks at a time and no one complained about them not working. They change with some frequency and are a royal pain to keep up to date. That's why I didn't bother including them going forward.

There is an Android app for WRAL local news and weather available here:
http://www.wral.com/download-wral-apps/5787234/
Thanks! I will try the Android app!

It's strange though - I never once had a problem with the app and I watched it almost every weekday morning for months. And even now, I can get it on my Gbox because I haven't restarted my box. I even watched it this morning!
(2015-12-12, 23:47)gentleart Wrote: Thanks! I will try the Android app!

It's strange though - I never once had a problem with the app and I watched it almost every weekday morning for months. And even now, I can get it on my Gbox because I haven't restarted my box. I even watched it this morning!

I'll have a look again, no promises, I may be able to put back in the live streams, but the VOD stuff definitely had issues.
I just now got what VOD is, and yes, the couple of times I tried those links I had problems. But never with the live streams. Thank you very much for even trying! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBS Programs1