Linux Chromebox - software encoding problem
I'm running Kodi on an ASUS Chromebox, and lately I've encountered a weird problem. I seem to have lost the ability to play any files with software decoding. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but it was probably some time during the last month. I get proper audio, I see the subtitles, the playback GUI works normally but there is no video. I'm not including any file samples, since if I disable hardware acceleration in settings, I get no video on any file I try to play, regardless of video format.

My settings are set according to the recommended section on http://kodi.wiki/view/ASUS_Chromebox . However I have also tried different combinations and nothing seems to have any effect. I've also spent some time trying to google any mention of similar issues, but was unable to find any.

My full debug log, from boot to file playback is included here:

http://pastebin.com/ztLT46Me

Like the log says, I am currently running:

- Kodi (14.2-RC1 Git:e7ba06f)
- Release Kodi x64 build
- OpenELEC (official) - Version: 5.0.6, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 3.17.8

The one thing I haven't tried is downgrading to an earlier version, but I'd like to avoid that, since I'm using a shared database for multiple devices, and that would mean downgrading all of them.

I'll be grateful for any assistance anyone can provide
All of the 5.0.x series will be database compatible.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Downgrading to 5.0.0 didn't help. However, when I disconnected the box from the remote database, and readded the files locally- I was able to play them again. Seems like my DB got corrupted somehow. But does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? I wouldn't want to go through rebuilding the whole thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox - software encoding problem0