Req using of transcoding or filtering options of DVBViewer
Hi,

if you are using on android the DVBViewer app you can choose by starting the channel whether you would like to stream direct or to transcode your stream before streaming it to your android-device..
Would it be possible to implement this in the kodi-addon ?
Or is there any other option to manipulate the stream before streaming? The main-reason for my question is, that some h264-channels are not direct watchable on my android device (himedia Q10ii) with the kodi-player. There seems to be some kind of disturbances in the stream (wrong video or audio frames or timestamps), which makes the stream unwatchable. Im sure that a transcode or something like realtime filtering would improve this situation.
It has nothing to do with performance because there are a lot of h264 channels in 1080i or 720p which ar watchable free of interferences.

Thanks

SaEt9000
Even though this is listed in FAQ I couldn't stop my self to post in this topicSmile
Since the things on mobile developing rapidly I think it would be awesome to have transcoding support with this add-on.
Kodi now on Play Store, iOS 8.4 jailbroken (probably the last major release before 9) I now moved to Kodi on all of my mobile devices. Thanks to Emby I can now transcode all of my libraries over 3G. On wifi Kodi can already play almost all of my files with direct play in modern hardwares (Galaxy 6, iPhone6, iPad Air) including LiveTv with this add-on.

So again, it would be really great to have transcoding support for mobile usage Wink
Hi thedenethor,

thanks for your reply. Seems, that now only i myself see a sence in a feature like enabling transoding.
The DVBViewer/controller app is able to use this. Why not the kodi-pvr as well?

SaEt9000
I'm sure plenty of people would like to see the feature implemented - it would be great - but bear in mind that, like many things in kodi, the add-on is basically being developed by one person (manül in this case) - and we're dependent on what he can do / is interested in doing / has time to do.
If you want to implement transcoding yourself nobody will complain.
Hi troggy.

of course you are right.
And I am impressed about all the work of the kodi-developers. They all have my full appreciation.

My personal skills are not sufficiently enough to do something like that - sorry.
So I can only wait and hope that others would wish to have such a feature as well and that the developers would try to implement it.

SaEt9000
Fingers crossed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using of transcoding or filtering options of DVBViewer1