How to modify Home Panels
Question 
Hej hej,

Lately I switched from my kinda workaround based home video setup to something advanced.
Now I want to go the software as I went the hardware way: No excuses.
And here I am needing your help to optimize this amazing skin for my needs, bit by bit.

In another thread I discovered where the changes to modify home panels need to be.
Includes_home.xml ... the code is kinda hieroglyphic for me. Angel

So can anybody explain how to:
A: Do a complete copy of the e.g. TV shows panel to another panel + change the old name.(As I do not need a Music nor Weather panel)
Or even better:
B: Add a new panel (with the settings of an existing panel)

That would make me very happy. Smile
Not a simple thing to implement. I have tried many times and always fail ended up using MB3 version of this skin and using super favourites to create custom folders with addons in.
Here's mine.

I'm one of the minimalistic kind.
So MB3 contains way to much bloating information for me. Aeon MQ feeling.
But thanks for the answer, will look at MB3 again, maybe I can dismiss the things I don't like.
And I don't think that I need Addon folders that much. At the moment I'm using a ton of smart playlists.

Best solution for me:
Search - Home - Movies - TV shows - Documentaries - Anime - Settings
as panels with Documentaries and Anime as exact copies of the TV panel, since all tiles and widgets are fully flexibel to use.

Anyone out there with the tweaks for the original?
I would highly prefer that solution. Smile
(2015-03-23, 20:58)QMPRP8 Wrote: I'm one of the minimalistic kind.
So MB3 contains way to much bloating information for me. Aeon MQ feeling.
But thanks for the answer, will look at MB3 again, maybe I can dismiss the things I don't like.
And I don't think that I need Addon folders that much. At the moment I'm using a ton of smart playlists.

Best solution for me:
Search - Home - Movies - TV shows - Documentaries - Anime - Settings
as panels with Documentaries and Anime as exact copies of the TV panel, since all tiles and widgets are fully flexibel to use.

Anyone out there with the tweaks for the original?
I would highly prefer that solution. Smile

I believe you'll have to change Includes_Home.xml to add the extra sections and possibly other files. Have a look at that file and you'll see a pattern in the code. Adding additional sections shouldn't be too difficult once you figure out the structure of the code.
Here we go (not) Big Grin

What I saw so far.
Code:
<control type="panel" id="xxx">
starts a panel.

What I did so far:
Copied all code from direct under that line to the next panel to the same space on music panel.
Without the ID thing, doubling IDs did not seem right for me?

What I got so far:
It broke my settings panel. When I clicked to the right from the program panel I got the settings panel headline symbol with the program panel tiles.

This went to easy to be right. Tongue

Still wondering why there are 2 global search entries and one for the kioskmode as panels.
Won't give up, will try to understand more from the code, help still very appreciated.

Kudos to all the People out there developing this things, Piers, Black and so on.
When you look into it, you realise how much lost you are without them. Smile
If you want to be able to customise panels then you'll need to add those options to the skin settings, the widgets, home includes and two other files. Don't forget the language strings.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Yup good luck with that Smile You'll find its not a copy/paste job. Prepare to spend weeks on it..stick in there and persevere. There's no manual on this and that'll explain why so few mods add new sections.
More like some more months for me. Wink
So the way to do this is to understand how to skin Kodi.
Challenge accepted, ... but later after exams.
Will need to start from scratch.

Are there any very good starting points to learn some stuff?
(2015-03-27, 01:36)QMPRP8 Wrote: More like some more months for me. Wink
So the way to do this is to understand how to skin Kodi.
Challenge accepted, ... but later after exams.
Will need to start from scratch.

Are there any very good starting points to learn some stuff?

Take apart the base skin and im85288's mod Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to modify Home Panels0