script failed library data provider.
everytime i start up kodi i get script failed library data provider.
Same here - it's driving me mad trying to track it down
Me too. And my skin won't load so u have to hard close kodi.
Same here, aeon nox skin... Any update?
I had the same problem after installing aeon nox 5 in isengard alpha 1 and then changing back to helix 14.2rc1
For me, removing aeon nox 5 and then re installing it again in 14.2 rc1 fix it. Please note - I did this on 2 machines and it only fixed 1 of them. The other I had to go back to isengard alpha 1 to fix it.
I fixed the "Script Failed!: Library Data Provider" error by replacing library.py, default.py and addon.xml the files are in the folder "service.library.data.provider" (on the mac you can find them in Library-Application Support-Kodi-Addons- ) with the updated files from - https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...a.provider.

Also had the same error with Openelec on the Raspi2 and updating the same files fixed the problem (/storage/. kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider)

I was using the Eminence skin on both the mac and the raspi2
Hallo,

I'm new with Kodi since 3 weeks.
I also have error with script failed library data Provider.
I already installed newest Version from Github ... but no help.

The error always occures when I go to "Music" button. I'm using SKIN Titan MediaBrowser.

Any idea whats wrong Huh?

Here is the error in kodi log:
Code:
20:17:44 T:22392   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 567, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 105, in __init__
                                                self.parse_albums( 'recentalbums', 32017, full_liz )
                                              File "C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py", line 455, in parse_albums
                                                liz.setInfo( type="Music", infoLabels={ "Artist": item['artist'][0] })
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:17:44 T:2660   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recentalbums&reload=20150330111711
Hallo,
I really would need some help of the experts here in this forum.
Any idea why I'm getting the library data provider error ?

Thanks in advance
im having the same problem. would love to see a fix
same issue here......
Same issue here using the CCM skin with Kodi v15.2 alpha. Will try and use Otaku's solution next to see if this will fix the issue.

Should have mentioned this is the windows binary.
Same issue for me. Exists on the Windows version but not OpenELEC, strangely.

Isengard 15.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script failed library data provider.0