Hardware acceleration issues
Hey all,

I'm selling Android TV boxes with the RockChip RK3288 SoC. Quad core Cortex A17 and Quad core Mali-T764.

They come with XBMC but I usually offer to install Kodi, explaining it's essentially a name change and they may not even notice the difference.

When playing streams on any of the devices, any attempt to fast forward results in Kodi crashing most of the time (99%). Netflix will crash on occasion but usually handles it pretty fine. If I go into the settings and turn off hardware acceleration, this solves the issue. However, that makes most of the benefit of the RK3288 moot as the GPU power is rendered nearly useless for video streaming.

On one particular device this happens also with the Google Play Store Netflix app as well as pretty much anything to do with video streaming. However, in this particular case, the whole Android box reboots. The solution/workaround is, again, to turn off hardware acceleration in the Kodi settings.

Any ideas if this is because of the newness of the RK3288 SoC, possibly something that will be fixed in newer Kodi versions, any other ideas?
I've got an RK3288 box and it seems to work with Kodi just fine. Maybe you have a firmware issue? Also, I hear some RK3288 boxes have heat issues, but I doubt that would be causing this.
Ned, I am having issues with Netflix and fast fowarding on the two stream plugins I tried. Are you able to verify this with your device? The "model" marked on the RK3288 boxes I have are "Q8".
Which "model" of RK3288 device do you have?

This is the device to which I'm referring:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/20394...-4K-2K.jpg
This thread is probably going to get put in spam, those 2 addons you mentioned are banned on this site. Just a heads up.
There are no plugins mentioned, they were removed. However, I'm willing to entertain my tests in a Kodi-approved plugin. Which video streaming plugins with fast forward capabilities are Kodi-approved? I would like to test these plugins to see if the issues are present there.
Just thought i would give you a heads up. I see they arent there anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware acceleration issues0