Win Uncontrolled switching out of full screen
Hi, I'm not convinced this is a Kodi problem (will explain below) but it started happening when I upgraded to Kodi yesterday.

I'm using a Mini-Pc running Windows 7 and have a Logitech Harmony 700 remote control.

When I power down which only turns off the reciever and TV leaving the computer on and power backup Kodi changes from fullscreen to windowed and the size and position the window are kind of random. This did not happen with XBMC BUT looking back on it now it did do the same to my browsers (over time FF and now Chrome) where the browser would be full screen and then in a restore down mode.

The Logitech is not sending any extra commands on a power down or off. I did try adding a \ to it but it didn't fix the problem properly.

I don't care about the browser issue that much its just an annoyance but the Kodi issue is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
EDID override with moninfo
I'll check that out but Kodi is never powered down, the computer is up all the time. If I manually turn off the TV and receiver the issue does not happen.
It sometimes happens when KODI/your display adapter tries to output to an unavailable device and defaults to a different resolution.
When the TV/receiver is on again, the display adapter will get proper input that device is available and (hopefully) change to proper screen resolution. However KODI remains at the resolution when there was no available device to output to. (Normally switches to cover roughly 75% of the display from top left-hand corner).

With EDID override you are pulling the supported resolutions from the display hardware (your receiver .inf if you have it connected HTPC>AVR>DISPLAY) and trick the output display device as always powered on.

Sometimes its also in the order a device is either powered on/off.

Ideally it would be:
1. AVR
2. Display
3. HTPC
4. KODI

Perhaps its just the order in which the Harmony 700 turns on or off the AV equipment? Possible change the order?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uncontrolled switching out of full screen0