Automatically launch VPNs when different addons are opened
Thing is im not switch temporarily to the gui while watching video. Im saying if i access an add-on from home-screen short cut it connects just fine but once i exit the add on and vpn stays connected im not playing any videos.
sometimes it wont connect at all from shortcut it seems to have issues when accessing plug-in from homescreen short cut.

But yea no rush when you get chance if you don't mind adding that setting it would be great maybe it will help with this problem also?

Also thanks for making this add on.
Is there a recommended VPN and one that is known to work with Kodi on a Matricom GBox Q?
I'm having the same issue M32134c - love the addon and would be lost without it but if this little issue could be looked at that would be great!

Cheers again for making this!
already done some changes, will make some tests.
i hope to get it done the next days
ok, made some changes but couldn't test it intensively, because i don't use a vpn anymore.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsvb182eyc92fy...1.zip?dl=0

i renamed the addon because for other ppl the old one still works, so i don't want to overwrite the existing one. pls deactivate the other one and set up this one.
Hi marv_el

Great addon. Thanks so much.
Should I buy a Matricom G box Q?
thanks for this, very handy Smile
To access Geo restricted content when I searched for Kodi VPN I found Ivacy which provides best vpn for kodi it is good and easy to access Geo restricted content in high security. It also provides complete guide about .how to setup Kodi for OpenELEC
(2015-07-31, 19:11)sam_nj Wrote: Is there a recommended VPN and one that is known to work with Kodi on a Matricom GBox Q?

I got PureVPN (https://www.purevpn.com/) working with Kodi.
tiffany and brad, I use PIA as vpn. But when I go to OpebElec, I see PIA but get an error message. How did you enter your info? I have a Matricom Q
(2015-08-05, 21:20)marv_el Wrote: ok, made some changes but couldn't test it intensively, because i don't use a vpn anymore.

i renamed the addon because for other ppl the old one still works, so i don't want to overwrite the existing one. pls deactivate the other one and set up this one.

I hate to dig up this old thread, but I was wondering if I could get some help with the add-on in the Krypton version of Kodi. I have installed it and pointed the add-on to the BAT file to open my VPN connection when the appropriate folder is accessed and also to the BAT file to disconnect when leaving the folder. I can see the CMD prompts flashing, but the connection is not being made.

Testing the BAT files outside of Kodi launches and connects the VPN along with closing and disconnecting the service.

Any suggestions?
Hello bsweet0us,

Unfortunately, we provide no support for VPN's. Kodi does not require a VPN to operate, so it's use is seen as a modification which is beyond the scope of this forum.

As you are probably paying good money for the VPN service, you should contact their help desk for assistance.

I will be moving this thread to Off-Topic.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-06, 05:42)bsweet0us Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 21:20)marv_el Wrote: ok, made some changes but couldn't test it intensively, because i don't use a vpn anymore.

I hate to dig up this old thread, but I was wondering if I could get some help with the add-on in the Krypton version of Kodi. I have installed it and pointed the add-on to the BAT file to open my VPN connection when the appropriate folder is accessed and also to the BAT file to disconnect when leaving the folder. I can see the CMD prompts flashing, but the connection is not being made.

Testing the BAT files outside of Kodi launches and connects the VPN along with closing and disconnecting the service.

Any suggestions?

There is a vpn manager addon from Zomboided

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically launch VPNs when different addons are opened1