Kodi + Fire Stick performance at 720p/1080p
Tomorrow Fire Stick will be released in Germany as a special offer and I'm considering buying it since in the moment I have no device to watch my video library (mostly 720p@25/50fps or 576p@25/50fps, some 1080p@24fps) on my TV (Sony XBR8).

I read about some problems in this forum (video quality, micro stuttering) but are these common/general problems? Or are most people happy with the Stick?

I don't think the Fire TV is worth the additional 80 EUR because:
- I will use WiFi
- Fire TV is also experiencing the same 24p conversion issues
- I don't have a Home Theater setup to use the optical audio features
I ended up replacing my Fire TVs with Raspberry Pi 2s a couple of weeks ago as they are easier to maintain and have full CEC support. However, I never used the android apps so that was not a factor in my decision. I still have my Fire TV stick that I picked up from a pre order. I am planning to upgrade it, but I am waiting for a sale on the Pi 2 to do so. It is hooked up to a rarely used TV.

Overall, the Fire TV stick is OK at running Kodi, it takes awhile to start large video files since it is on wireless. Mine has been crashing a lot during playback, but I haven't put in the time to investigate yet as it just doesn't get used much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi + Fire Stick performance at 720p/1080p0