Win Green Flashes During Live TV
I am by the way using DVBViewer as TV-backend, so I can confirm this is not a NextPVR issue.
(2019-03-06, 10:30)darkcheater Wrote: I am by the way using DVBViewer as TV-backend, so I can confirm this is not a NextPVR issue.

I'm using ServerWMC and had the same issues. 

The only two options I found that work were turning off deinterlacing in the video options through the video player once the show started. However, this doesn't seem to get remembered so had to do it every time.

Otherwise, in the main video player settings I've turned off DXVA and set it to software. So far no more issues, but obviously works the system considerably more
Is there a fix for this bug (I've not found a related thread that says it's been solved? I've used MythTV for many years and never had that issue with random green flashes, but I do with NextPVR on the same system. Switching De-Interlacing OFF has made no difference (I have it OFF for everything anyway, and rendering to AUTO). Tried to change various settings on client side (Kodi) and server side (NextPVR) but the only thing that eliminates the green flashes is disabling HW Acceleration (VAAPI in my case), which is not an acceptable solution ... it is just a 'workaround' ... so the bug remains. With HW Acceleration enabled I have no issues watching other video material (Internet streams, downloaded videos, etc), the issue is only with watching live TV and TV recordings through the PVR functionality. Watching NextPVR live and recorded streams through a Web client doesn't exhibit this issue. So seems that perhaps the NextPVR video stream gets 'corrupted' at the Kodi interface (perhaps frame timing issues which the SW video Demux is able to handle but the HW Demux can't adapt and cope with), spitting the dummy so to speak, resulting in green video frames being displayed instead (just a theory)? The fact that this also happens with other PVR implementations (DVBViewer, Server WMC, etc) points to the possibility of a transitional issue at the Kodi interface/API with whatever PVR Addon is being used - I don't know anything about the Kodi-to-PVR Addons interface software architecture to speculate but I believe the bug is quite possibly at that level? Problem is that it is probably one of these bugs that is difficult to reproduce as it is HW dependent (the 'green flashes' (loss of video) only manifest when HW acceleration is enabled), so the Kodi developers will probably dismiss the issue altogether as not Kodi related Undecided.
Upon checking my Kodi log with video and video/audio timing events recording (VAAPI enabled) I noted hundreds and hundreds of the following errors listed which were not there with VAAPI disabled:
2021-10-28 20:46:28.109 T:7097    ERROR <general>: VAAPI/vpp vaCreateConfig error: the requested VAProfile is not supported (12)
2021-10-28 20:46:28.109 T:7097    ERROR <general>: VAAPI output: Postproc preinit failed

... and the following occasional errors, which may be related to the green flashes?
2021-10-28 20:46:28.127 T:1792    ERROR <general>: CVaapi2Texture::Map: vaSyncSurface - Error: internal decoding error (23)
I will say the same thing as I posted in 2019, you should really be reporting this as a Kodi is issue with the proper logs on github.   It doesn't mean it will get fixed, but it would get to the appropriate audience there is no reason to expect Kodi developers would even follow all forum posts.  

Do you have the issue playing a recorded file via the file system?  If not maybe the issue is with http streaming. Perhaps play around with the chunk size in NextPVR settings for Live TV and recordings.

Martin
With VAAPI enabled I still got green flashes of recorded material when played in Kodi. I did play around with the playing/recording chunk size in NPVR settings but no difference. After going through a great number of threads I fell on one that suggested installing a different set of Intel VA drivers if experiencing VAAPI issues. That was a step in the right direction as I was offered a different set of video setting options in Kodi ... and so far I have not seen any green flashes.

Steps are quite simple really:
Step-1: $ sudo apt install intel-media-va-driver-non-free
Step-2: play any PVR TV channel in Kodi, go to settings --> Video Settings --> De-interlace Method --> VAAPI: Motion-Adaptive

With my setup, setting de-interlacing to OFF did not work, and needed to be set to VAAPI: Motion-Adaptive (aka 'MADI'). Installing the intel-media-va-driver-non-free package will replace the default intel-media-va-driver package (assuming of course you are using an Intel (integrated) GPU).
Good to know.   What isn't clear is why MythTV recordings work through the file system.  The only explanation I can think of for that is NextPVR records the raw ts stream and a MythTV remux must correct whatever is causing the issue.

Martin
Ignore my reference to MythTV as, in hindsight, it possibly doesn't relate to the issue at hand since I did an upgrade from 18.04 to 21.04 (and switched from MythTV to NPVR after a lot of tweaking as I couldn't get MythTV to work properly) which probably resulted in the Intel drivers getting upgraded (now replaced), etc. MythTV did also record the raw ts streams (I still have them and I'll try to Zip and  'import' them to NPVR ... see if that works Smile ).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green Flashes During Live TV0