KodiBuntu Xbox360/Xbox one remote support
Question 
Congrats on the latest KodiBuntu, it runs perfectly on my DN2820FYKH NUC. The only problem is that it does not recognize the Xbox one and xbox 360 remotes (as shown below).
I'm not posting the pics to be pedantic, I just wanted to clarify exactly which ones I was referring to.... Does anybody know if it is on the roadmap to include support for these controllers out of the box?

The Xbox ONE remote is a POS because of the slow repeating volume button. No sense in supporting it. Its almost useless for changing the volume.

The 360 remote is pretty good but I prefer the older backlit model over the new.

I have a script floating around on the forums here that can make either of the 360 remotes work in a matter of 2 minutes if you have a standard IR receiver.

There are too many remotes to try and keep up with them.
Your best bet is to learn Lirc and you will NEVER be without the ability to make ANY IR remote work EXACTLY the way you want.
Fishoil, is there a technical reason they aren't included like they are with OpenElec? It's nice to have Kodi work with whatever the end user has lying around....
Does anybody know of a technical reason multi remote support is not included in KodiBuntu like it is in OpenElec?
No updates on this? MCE remotes are going extinct and there's no support for Xbox remotes?
As far as I know, those remotes should work out of the box, just like any other MCE remote. They are, after all, MCE remotes using those same standards.
(2015-08-10, 03:50)Ned Scott Wrote: As far as I know, those remotes should work out of the box, just like any other MCE remote. They are, after all, MCE remotes using those same standards.

They are Xbox media remotes, and they do not work out of the box. Sad
(2015-08-10, 03:32)MediaBlob Wrote: MCE remotes are going extinct

I really should have hoarded up all the MediaGate GP-IR02BK's when the hoarding was good. Sad
Have you tried this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=51581

I haven't had to do this myself, but I can't remember the last time I specifically tried this on Ubuntu/Kodibuntu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiBuntu Xbox360/Xbox one remote support0