Remote Audio
I would like the ability to enable audio pass through to another device on the network.

Does anyone know if this is currently possible?

Here are two scenarios where this would be extremely useful for me.

1. I like watching TV in bed while the mrs sleeps. If i could enable remote audio to my iPhone or ipad etc, then plug headphones in it would dramatically improve my after sex life.

2. Sometimes I watch movies in the backyard, shed etc on my projector. if i could do the same thing, just connect my phone, tablet to my hi-fi I wouldnt need to run stupidly long audio cables.

Cheers
There is a GSoC proposal which would solve it too so perhaps you'll have some more luck before end of year Smile
Its definitely a feature well worth looking into, one I'd love too.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
+1 This would be nice especially if Kodi could output a secondary audio stream so with headphones you could hear the audio in another language
This is a bit hacky but this program adds upnp devices as pulse audio output devices. I've used it and it works pretty good. You just need a upnp receiver on your phone and should be good.

https://github.com/masmu/pulseaudio-dlna

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Audio0