Req DLNA Streaming - PUSH
Hi there,

It would be really useful to include an option to stream whatever it is playing on XBMC to a DLNA device in a, let's say, PUSH manner.

Some apps have the feature to select a DLNA device from a list (they are automatically discovered without any action), then whatever you are playing is automatically sent to that device. No need for cables and no need to buy expensive players since you can use your own PC or laptop.

I would like to thank you for the stunning work you are doing here. Keep on pushing!

Kind Regards,
http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Client#Sendin...nP_targets
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HAHAHA!!! Well, I guess no other feature request has been included so quickly... Wink

Not sure what UPnP is and if it is suitable for a (my) SmartTV or similar. Nevertheless, I will investigate and will give it a try!

Thanks a lot for you reply and sorry if I made you waste your time.

Best regards,
Any chance that the IOS remote will support this feature?

Can anyone confirm that the Android app supports it and also supports airplay?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
DLNA uses UPnP, so if your TV only says "DLNA" then it will probably still work.
UPnP is a good feature but, after trying a lot, I think it is not exactly the feature I was talking about.

Local media works fine, though some video formats are not compatible. Curiously, if you play the same media using the same TV connected thru DLNA, it works.

Stream media does not work (or I was unable to get it). Streaming is the most interesting. If you have a Smart TV, you have many ways to access local media, but it is not so easy to access streaming media on a TV at all. So, being able to transmit streaming media from portable devices (phone, laptop, ...) to a Smart TV would be great.

May be what I'm asking is completely impossible (sorry for my ignorance) but, again, some apps somehow are able to send the media you are receiving thru streaming to a TV (using DLNA or similar, I guess).
I think you are mixing up your terms. Are you talking about pushing add-ons to the smart TV?
Playing videos on your TV that have to be streamed to Kodi is not supported right now. DLNA/UPnP is meant to access media that is located on another device in your network and not to relay internet streams.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-03-28, 18:04)Ned Scott Wrote: I think you are mixing up your terms. Are you talking about pushing add-ons to the smart TV?

No, I am talking about sending just the media. Sorry again, but other apps (they are not kodi nor kodi add-ons, so I don't wanto to explicitely mention them here), send the media received thru streaming to the TV (I guess is DLNA). Perhaps you mean eventhough the media is received in an add-on. In such a case, you're right, that would be a nice feature to add to kodi. Somehow "bridging" the player and send all the media (local, streamed, coming from an add-on or not, ...) which is going to be shown on the built-in player to a external device.

Montellese Wrote:Playing videos on your TV that have to be streamed to Kodi is not supported right now. DLNA/UPnP is meant to access media that is located on another device in your network and not to relay internet streams.

Well, in such a case, that is the new feature to consider: Send the all kind of media from Kodi to a Smart TV (or other don't-know-exactly-what-compliant, maybe DLNA?), using that external device as the media player.

Thank you both for your replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA Streaming - PUSH0