Larger album art
Heres just a suggestion, i don't know how to do it myself or where to start. So any help on how to do so i'd worship you for it.

But here goes. I like playing my music through XMBC, i use the xbmc360 skin (great peice of work there) One thing I do wish tho is that when I play an album it would show a larger picture of the album art. Theres a program on tivo called audio faucet ( http://www.digitaldroplet.net/ ) which had a nice music playing UI, which had half your screen taken up with your album art. I think its really nice but i detest playing much through my tivo. Tho i don't want to copy this UI (wanted to make sure of that so noone thinks im going to try and breach any copyright thingies), I would like to see if there is some way i could change the UI while music is playing so i can get a larger picture of my album art, say half the screen with song and album infomation also a BIT like audio faucet.

Maybe change the size of, well you know when your playing music, you press X to goto full screen viz, then press the white button you get the album thumbnail and the name of the song/album? Maybe change this so the thumbnail is larger and remove the whitewash? Or would something like this be easier with a python script? Because it would need a higher resolution picture and with a python script you could er check a website and download the art directly?

Heh Remember im a coding idiot so if these ideas are plain stupid, don't beat me for it. But if someone could give me a 'well this idea is possible and you would need to change so and so file which is written in python' I'll happily go off and try :p

Any help with this idea and i'd be really thankful.

Thank you for reading! I hope this is the right section for this request Big Grin

Ow Also if anyone does actually know of a python script or a mod out there that already does something like this please say!
See MusicVisualisation.xml in the PAL (or PAL16x9) folder of the PM3 skin or Mc360 skin. Basically, just change the <posx>, <posy>, <width>, and <height> tags.

There's heaps of info on skinning in the online manual - see the Skinning section under XBMC Inner Workings.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the helpful pointers! I browsed for a bit and looked over it, then played around changing a few numbers, then finally i came up with this,

Not bad for my first time! maybe its a bit too big as the album art looks a bit dodgy, maybe i just need a better pic. This was downloaded through XBMC, regardless i'm happy with the results! Ill have to keep fiddling and see if i can improve it somehow.

I just wanted to follow up and say thanks tho! Big Grin
here is what i did with mine...
glad i found this post...been wanting to do this for a while.
where did you get that font?? and how did you get the rounded edges?
he is using mc360 and its what it uses
and further, I don't see any rounded edges in that screeny, what you talking about?
Catchy Signature Here
Around the side of the black bar that the text is on is my guess

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Larger album art0