Android mkv doesnt work on my Amazon Fire TV
Dear all and hello from Germany,

I tried to search for "mkv" but the word mkv is to short Sad

How ever I have a problem with all MKV files on my Amazon Fire TV (the box)
I tried:
- Kodi 14.1
- Kodi 14.2 RC
- Kodi 15 Alpha
and the old 13.2

If I select a MKV video and press the OK Button nothing happened, if I wait some seconds and press the button again I get the message that one or more files can not played (dont know the english Message) and that more details are in the log file, but where can I find the log file ?

It happens on all MKV videos. The Videos are OK. Works fine with PS3 Media Server / Servio and VLC Player

H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
720x404
25 frames
Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Audio:
A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
Stereo
48000 Hz
192 kB/s
Debug log?
OK I quote myself

Quote:but where can I find the log file ?
debug log (wiki)
OK thx Smile
here the log
edit

PS: I installed Kodi 14.2 on my Win 8.1 PC and all videos works fine.
OK problem solved, it was a permission problem on my WHS
thx a lot
Actually, Amazon Fire TV does indeed deliver DD 5.1 sound with MP4 files. The problem continues to be with MKVs. Amazon Fire TV can’t support MKV files especially encoded with DTS. A practical way to play MKV on Amazon Fire TV is to convert MKV files to MP4 with H.26 video and AAC audio for Amazon Fire TV.

http://www.brorsoft.com/device-tips/play...re-tv.html
(2015-04-01, 08:24)chris198810 Wrote: Actually, Amazon Fire TV does indeed deliver DD 5.1 sound with MP4 files. The problem continues to be with MKVs. Amazon Fire TV can’t support MKV files especially encoded with DTS. A practical way to play MKV on Amazon Fire TV is to convert MKV files to MP4 with H.26 video and AAC audio for Amazon Fire TV.

http://www.brorsoft.com/device-tips/play...re-tv.html

WhatHuh

First MKV is just a container, if the FTV is having issues it's because of the codec not the container.

Second, the FTV doesn't have any issues playing MKV/h.264 videos whether they have DD or DTS audio.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mkv doesnt work on my Amazon Fire TV0