Linux Kodi 14.1 crashes on startup on Cubox i4 Pro
I'm running Kodi 14.1 on Arch Linux 3.14.36-1. My experience with kodi on cubox is, some crackling sound aside, very positive. Since October 2014, Kodi crashed for the first time while watching a tv show. The image just froze. I restarted Kodi, but since then it doesn't want to start anymore. It always gets stuck at the same place in the debug log.

According to systemctl, the Kodi process is running fine and stays active. You can see this in the debug log, I started at 18.59 and at 19.50 it is still active. However, the screen remains black and I don't even get to see the splash screen.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/PEaH8NeR

Thanks for the help.
can you post the crashlog with backtrace?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Kodi does not produce a crash log as it stays active. The screen remains black, not even the splash screen is shown.
Hi Orbi,

I am expereincing a similar problem with 14.2. Kodi attempts to open. Black screen, followed by a brief blue background and then crashes. Did you find a solution?
Flossy,

I ended up wiping the sd card clean and reinstall everything from scratch. Problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.1 crashes on startup on Cubox i4 Pro0