• 25(current)
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon
@ learningit
Do you remeber what did you put in listitems setproperty? I tried smoothstream and it plays without sound. Like this:

Code:
liz.setProperty('inputstreamaddon', 'inputstream.smoothstream')

Thanks
Hi All,

I'm in the US and want to stream the last Tragically Hip show at a party next week. I can't stream from the CBC site due to the geolocation limits. Aside from using a VPN (which is not ideal) or a smart DNS proxy to be able to stream from CBC, what options do I have? Is there a Kodi add-on that streams CBC TV live?
@yall,

Geoblocks are geoblocks. There is nothing special about a Kodi plugin that is going to be able to get around them. Kodi can only see what content your web browser can see. If you web browser is geoblocked, so will Kodi be.
(2016-08-13, 15:48)shred00 Wrote: @yall,

Geoblocks are geoblocks. There is nothing special about a Kodi plugin that is going to be able to get around them. Kodi can only see what content your web browser can see. If you web browser is geoblocked, so will Kodi be.

Thanks shred00. Sad
Are the CBC YouTube channels geoblocked I wonder? Try it our, Yall, that's how I'm going to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cbc+q
Just had a friend in South Africa confirm the 'Q' link is working in her neck of the woods, and in her words: "If it works here it will work anywhere." :<>
I'm in Canada and an experienced coder, though not familiar with the kinds of IO involved here. From the comments it seems that the methods from the youtube plugin need to be incorporated in a new CBC plugin. With a little expert advice and a how-to regarding plugin coding and standards I could take a crack at it.

Meanwhile I suggest that the CBC plugin on the repo be updated to give a "The CBC plugin is broken and a working update is not available" so people don't think it's an installation problem.
(2016-08-16, 17:39)olinart Wrote: I'm in Canada and an experienced coder, though not familiar with the kinds of IO involved here. From the comments it seems that the methods from the youtube plugin need to be incorporated in a new CBC plugin. With a little expert advice and a how-to regarding plugin coding and standards I could take a crack at it.

Meanwhile I suggest that the CBC plugin on the repo be updated to give a "The CBC plugin is broken and a working update is not available" so people don't think it's an installation problem.

Just be patient. I have this working again, inputstream was broken in nightlies until a few days ago. When I eventually add to the repo, versions prior to Kodi 17.0 (which is still in Alpha?) will be marked as broken.
(2016-08-16, 17:54)learningit Wrote: versions prior to Kodi 17.0 (which is still in Alpha?) will be marked as broken.

If I get this right, that means CBC will be working in Krypton...That's awesome.

Tx

RR
(2016-08-17, 16:58)RavRob Wrote:
(2016-08-16, 17:54)learningit Wrote: versions prior to Kodi 17.0 (which is still in Alpha?) will be marked as broken.

If I get this right, that means CBC will be working in Krypton...That's awesome.

Tx

RR

And if I have this right, it will no longer work in 16.1 Jarvis?
Both are correct.
(2016-08-16, 17:54)learningit Wrote: Just be patient. I have this working again, inputstream was broken in nightlies until a few days ago. When I eventually add to the repo, versions prior to Kodi 17.0 (which is still in Alpha?) will be marked as broken.
Thanks for working on this, and especially for the link to this detailed documentation.
Tx Learningit

It's nice to know that it will be working again at some point. I love this addon and use(d) it daily.
(2016-08-16, 17:54)learningit Wrote: Just be patient. I have this working again, inputstream was broken in nightlies until a few days ago. When I eventually add to the repo, versions prior to Kodi 17.0 (which is still in Alpha?) will be marked as broken.

Thanks @learningit for addressing this issue so quickly! Kodi 17.0 beta was just released, and I'm curious if the fixed CBC app may become available through any repos soon. Or, is there a way to download the unreleased add-on zip file from somewhere directly to try it out on Kodi 17.0 / LibreELEC 8.0?
Just to keep folks up to date. This add-on will require some mods to the inputstream module (and require the latest version of Krypton) as there is a separation of audio and video streams, presumably for Canadian dual language requirements (maybe in the future? looks like only English is available right now). It's being looked into, please be patient (I know this has taken some time to fix, but we're nearly there).

The good news is that I have all the menuing working now, just waiting on the above mux mods to get everything together and functional again. There were very substantial changes from the previous website.

EDIT This add-on (once fixed and released) will only function for Canadian IP addresses. There have been additional checks added to prevent proxy usage as well.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon4