• 26(current)
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon
@learningit Thanks for the continued work on this valuable addon
Cheers for the update, learningit.
With KODI 17.0 readily available is it possible to get a beta of this addon, or do we have some idea of its availability?
This add-on needs a modified inputstream module. It's not the highest priority item on the dev queue, so we need to be patient.
Any news on this working anytime soon? Using kodi 16.1. So hard to find Canadian content on demand.
(2016-10-16, 20:05)filly1957 Wrote: Any news on this working anytime soon? Using kodi 16.1. So hard to find Canadian content on demand.

I think the developer, Learningit, has made it clear it won't be ready until Kodi 17(stable) is released
I too can't wait.
My missus is frustrated as hell at all the ads being slung onto the web site streamer and the streaming performance of their plugin is truly appalling, stuttering, out-of sync audio. Just awful and on a high-spec machine at that.

Once you've been used to no ads, you can never go back.
Quick question for you Learningit: I noticed that there are times when we can access the recorded version of the "The National" nightly CBC news as early as 10:15 pm on some nights and other nights the recorded version is not available until some time after 11:00 pm. Is this situation as a result of the CBC doing something or not doing something or is this something that you are able to do something about to improve the situation? Sitting through the Live version is a bit of a pain due to having to sit through the commercial breaks and having to wait until after 11:00 pm is difficult for some of us old fogeys that are retired.

If this situation can't be addressed at this time hopefully it will be when we have Krypton Stable. Thanks
CBC decides what and when content appears on the website. The add-on doesn't do anything magical.
Understand and thanks for the quick reply.
Can you update the addon please.
Seems like Kodi 17 nightly can handle the streams now. You dont need the inputstream as i am not playing it with inputstream. I think updated ffmpeg in Kodi 17 nightly may be making difference. Mind you i am on windows.
Latest 17 nightly is better but doesn't work for all video streams or platforms. I'm going to wait for the Kodi platform to be stable before I release the add-on. It just causes frustration for users who think it works.
(2016-10-27, 18:55)learningit Wrote: Latest 17 nightly is better but doesn't work for all video streams or platforms. I'm going to wait for the Kodi platform to be stable before I release the add-on. It just causes frustration for users who think it works.

Thanks learningit. Is there any way that a link could be provided to the updated add-on for those who want to try it before it is released?
No. I'm so fed up with two groups of idiots out of Canada that take the code and resell it as an android apps that I'm ready to stop supporting all my add-ons.
(2016-11-02, 20:04)learningit Wrote: No. I'm so fed up with two groups of idiots out of Canada that take the code and resell it as an android apps that I'm ready to stop supporting all my add-ons.

That would be a loss for Kodi users
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon4