• 29(current)
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon
Darn, this was a great plugin. I know a few people that work at the CBC, if you're interested, I can try to reach out on the slim chance they'd be willing to fund development as an official plugin. But it sounds like you're not Canadian or not in Canada, so that would make it unlikely.
As official one is broken, still one is interested in this great plugin, I am sharing my modified version which i have been using since plugin is broken. My use of the plugin is very limited shows mostly Docs,Dragons. I use widows 10 Kodi 17 platform.I have not been encountered any show that has no audio.

So, if you are in windows and using Kodi 17 RC, you will find this modified scraper file helpful. I am not sure whats going on with other platforms. Please dont try this if you are not in Kodi 17 version.

Note: If author of this plugin (@learningit) find this offending , I would gladly remove it.
Replace this Kodi/addons/plugin.video.cbc/resources/lib/scraper.py with :

LINK REMOVED BY MOD

I have no objection to your mods, however your git is full of banned add-ons and repos, so links to it are banned in the forum.
I hope this should be OK now as i share in dropbox:
Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/117805169/Livestreams/LiveTVxmlm3u/scraper.py
(2017-01-28, 23:50)alibaba011 Wrote: So, if you are in windows and using Kodi 17 RC, you will find this modified scraper file helpful. I am not sure whats going on with other platforms. Please dont try this if you are not in Kodi 17 version.
I hope this should be OK now as i share in dropbox:
Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/117805169/Livestreams/LiveTVxmlm3u/scraper.py
I thought I would try this with a Linux install(ever hopeful)
I am afraid I could not get this to work on Linux (Mint 18) Kodi 17 and CBC plugin ver 3.02.
Message popped up saying to look at log. I am afraid I can't produce the log as testing this required a fresh install of Kodi followed by a restore of backed up settings to get it to load CBC ver 3.02. Unfortunately there were other problems with the restored settings and I purged that install of Kodi.
Can this addon be removed from teh Kodi repo if its not longer supported?
i keep seeing it 'broken' and it makes me sad
lol

if it don't work, and no longer supported, it should be removed from list, not left there and reported as broken

yes, no ??
(2017-02-11, 05:56)Swiper the Fox Wrote: Can this addon be removed from teh Kodi repo if its not longer supported?
i keep seeing it 'broken' and it makes me sad
lol

if it don't work, and no longer supported, it should be removed from list, not left there and reported as broken

yes, no ??

It will disappear from the repo after a couple of months being marked broken.
That is how the repo standardly works.
I may be dreaming but it looks like the CBC has updated something recently -- the addon can now play most of the content.
(2017-02-20, 21:10)malcontentshrimps Wrote: I may be dreaming but it looks like the CBC has updated something recently -- the addon can now play most of the content.

If that is the case I hope Learningit reposts the addon as it is now unavailable
(2017-02-20, 21:10)malcontentshrimps Wrote: I may be dreaming but it looks like the CBC has updated something recently -- the addon can now play most of the content.

I would like to see a debug log if you really have this running.
I'm 99.99999% sure that you cannot run the CBC add-on, but hey there's always that chance.
I am finally going to be back in Canada this weekend for skiing and good French food, so I'll try to see what's going on. I have been able to get things going on occasion, but CBC keeps doing things that make it nearly impossible to use a proxy to play videos. So maybe, but don't bug me about this.
Ugh. My mistake. The addon behaves better in Kodi 15.2 (although no sound). I was surprised to see most videos actually playing (minus the sound) under 15.2 when they don't play under Kodi 17.0.
(2017-02-21, 05:40)malcontentshrimps Wrote: Ugh. My mistake. The addon behaves better in Kodi 15.2 (although no sound). I was surprised to see most videos actually playing (minus the sound) under 15.2 when they don't play under Kodi 17.0.

So are you able to run the add-on, navigate the menues and play videos without sound under 15.2?
Or are you just playing a stored favorite?
Thought I'd just add this to the thread: The CBC TV app for android works pretty good; a little glitchy at times maybe, but I've been using it to catch up on my fave CBC shows on my telly. "The National" is on the CBC News app, and as someone mentioned it's also broadcast on YouTube.
(2017-02-21, 14:21)learningit Wrote: So are you able to run the add-on, navigate the menues and play videos without sound under 15.2?

It is navigating the menus and playing the videos without sound under 15.2. It can play videos I never watched before so it is definitely not playing stored content. There are only a few videos it has trouble playing. I am using a modified version of the addon posted by alibaba011 (basically re-structured so I can clearly see how it works).
(2017-02-26, 03:15)malcontentshrimps Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 14:21)learningit Wrote: So are you able to run the add-on, navigate the menues and play videos without sound under 15.2?

It is navigating the menus and playing the videos without sound under 15.2. It can play videos I never watched before so it is definitely not playing stored content. There are only a few videos it has trouble playing. I am using a modified version of the addon posted by alibaba011 (basically re-structured so I can clearly see how it works).
After some test this weekend, Kodi still doesn't have the ability to play the newer CBC videos which have separate video and audio streams. A custom inputstream, or an extension of the current one, is needed to be able to play videos with sound. I was hoping that there was a normal m3u8 or mp4 stream with combined audio and video, but I'm not able to find that format directly from CBC.

The menuing is the easy part and I've had that done for months. As far as I know the newer format videos for Shows will not play correctly under any version of Kodi.

Having said the above, I am able to provide an updated addon to play basically just news and will release it in a few days. News appears to still use normal m3u8 format.
Not sure if this would be of any help but I am able to get the recorded version of the CBC, The National, The Latest Broadcast from about 10:15 pm every night of the week for the exception of the Saturday night half hour version using Youtube. I am currently using LibreELEC Krypton version 8.0.0 with an intel NUC HTTP.

The Youtube stream indicates the following info:

Video Stream: Decoder - ff-h264-vaapi, vaapi_vld

Audio Stream: Decoder - aac,32bits, 44,100 hz
Please see:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308873
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon4