Volume osd
The new volume osd in the beta looks great. However it pauses playback for a split second.
this is kinda annoying to the point that I wish there was an option to switch back to the original image, since my system can't seem to handle the new one.
I tried to reproduce this error but I couldn't. What did you do that made the volume osd make the playback pause ?

BTW: I finf it hard to believe that your system can't handle a new graphic for the volume. This must either be a issue in the skin code (while this new volume dialog is still in the beta stage) or something that happens in occasional conditions.

Please provide me with details what steps you take to reproduce this issue.
Its just a momentary split second pause.

It happens sometimes when i change the volume.
(2015-03-30, 23:17)wheemer Wrote: Its just a momentary split second pause.

It happens sometimes when i change the volume.

Can you try with another skin? Might be an issue with your setup. Also whenever it happens take a look at your kodi log, maybe there's some info in there to narrow down the cause
Ok will try but it was perfect with the last image... And it does not happen on conflence
I would really like an option to switch back to the previous image. This new image is delayed when shown sometimes. Like when I turn the volume down a notch the image appears too late and is not useful.

Also while we are taking about the volume OSD, it would be nice to have a couple different options. Like I would be really interested in one that appears at the edge of the screen, similar to confluence. Having the image appear dead center blocks viewing of the video subject.
(2015-04-01, 14:34)wheemer Wrote: I would really like an option to switch back to the previous image. This new image is delayed when shown sometimes. Like when I turn the volume down a notch the image appears too late and is not useful.

Also while we are taking about the volume OSD, it would be nice to have a couple different options. Like I would be really interested in one that appears at the edge of the screen, similar to confluence. Having the image appear dead center blocks viewing of the video subject.

@wheemer

What hardware are you running on?

Could it be you are memory and/or CPU constrained?

@Marcel,

Maybe a skin option called "adjust settings for low performance systems" so raspberry pi, ATV2, old android, iPads etc. run the skin smoother?

I've not seen any issued with the new volume dialog myself.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks

Mario

------------ update ------------

Also @Marcel - the most basic volume dialog to use if you were to enable such and option is something like the one in skin.amber.
Im using http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/m/mb/intro..._ID=613#dl
With 4gigs ram

This problem is annoying and happen everytime i adjust the volume.
If it is that my system is underpowered then it is only this image that shows a problem. Prior to the change of the image, when the volume was the older white image, there was no issue at all.
(2015-04-06, 19:57)wheemer Wrote: If it is that my system is underpowered then it is only this image that shows a problem. Prior to the change of the image, when the volume was the older white image, there was no issue at all.

I've just been looking at this. Tried to reproduce the issue with different hardware/platforms. Even a underpowered rasberry Pi 1 can display the colume image just fine so it has to be some compatibility issue with your hardware and the rendering of the effects on top of a playing video. That's my best guess.

Would it be possible for you to send me your logfile just after the issue has occured ?
Maybe there's some info in there that I can work with.

Offcourse I can create an option to use the simplified older volume dialog but I find it much more usefull to understand why the new one is giving troubles and find out how to solve that.
I will get you a log this evening when I get home...

I was watching something last night where the voices went up and down in the recording, so I had to adjust the volume quite often.

If I press down/up volume once it does the split second pause of the video, if I quickly press down again there is no pause.

If I wait a little while, a few minutes, and press down/up volume the split second pause comes back.
The new beta update of the skin ahs an option in the skin settings "adjust settings for low performance systems".
Please try the volume dialog with that setting turned on and let me know the results.
The volume looks slightly different than the original old one when using this new option. However my video disruptions are gone.

Thank you very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume osd0