PVR for US Fiber IPTV
Is it possible to replace the $16 per month dvr from Metronet and get PVR functionality through an asus chromebox with openelec 5.0.6/Kodi 14.2? If so, how?

Is this IPTV multicast? Is backend hardware required?

Do I need the STB from Metronet? can the asus chromebox replace the STB?

Where can I find any information about this? I can't find any threads that talk about this. The wiki hints that it can be done in russia. What about the united states, we just got a fiber internet/tv provider last month, they claim that this is iptv, so how do I set up a pvr in kodi?
Mythtv is a backend that has iptv support, and I think TVheadend does too. However a lot depends on whether your iptv is encrypted.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
IPTV Simple Client didn't seem to work. I'm not sure how to use it for local provider. Not sure what format the information is sent. I don't know how to set up kodi to receive the service.

I have to try MythTV and TVHeadend. I hope it isn't encrypted. If it is, I will probably have to use the Metronet STB to decrypt then hdmi to kodi then displayport to hdmi to the receiver. it's very confusing how iptv works, maybe there is some windows or linux program i can use to "look" at the signal to see what format it is so i can display it and record it.
Metronet wont tell me about their format or how to do anything. Has anyone accomplished replacing the DVR from an iptv provider? its not apparent what software or hardware can do this or how to set it up?

If i first assume it is unencrypted what is my first step? I've been installing a lot of different PVR addons, not sure how to set up any addon to receive iptv
I am going to try to use Wireshark to manually gather the data of each channel to create a .m3u playlist. If anyone has accomplished this to replicate what the provider STB does, I would like some help.
That is definitely the way.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR for US Fiber IPTV0