Solved Radio Channels with mpeg2 videostream (now/next playing)
Hi there,

Any idea how I would go about adding specific radio channels broadcasting now/next playing as mpeg2 video stream to the "Radio" group instead of "TV"? ("music choice" does that for example)

I've tried editing the vnsiserver channelfilter.c to add an additional check and edited my channels.conf so the radio channels in question got an RID of 1:

Code:
else if (channel->Vpid() == 0 || channel->Vpid() == 1) || channel->Rid() == 1)

That didn't work sadly. I don't have any clue about writing code though, it's mostly trial and (lots of) error. Smile
you want a radio channel identified as a video channel?
No it's the other way around, a radio channel gets identified as video channel. (because it's broadcasting now/next information with mpeg2 video stream). Those channels where always identified as radio channels until some months ago when they seemingly switched to this new format.
can you post entry in channels.conf for this channel?
fixed problems, see below
hmm, how should we identify this as radio? RID is 0 too.
Yes, I've set it back to 0, according to the vdr wiki you can set the RID yourself so wouldn't be a problem to manually set it to 1 for example. (Which is what I did when I tried my changes in the first post).
did you reset pvr db after that change you tried?
Yes, even deleted both the tv and epg database for good measure. So you're saying the change should work in theory? Maybe I didn't compile a proper fresh build then... Will try again when my recording finishes.
yes I think it should work. if not, please post a debug log. ideally with a very small channels.conf
It worked this time. Smile I'm pretty sure I've screwed up something while compiling the last time, maybe forgot distclean. I've got an error while compiling this time (because there is an additional ")" in the line in the first post that shouldn't be there). Fixed it, compiled, reset DB and smiled at my much shorter TV Channels list.

Just to complete the whole thing, this worked:

Code:
else if (channel->Vpid() == 0 || channel->Vpid() == 1 || channel->Rid() == 1)
fine, I will commit this change.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio Channels with mpeg2 videostream (now/next playing)0