Kodi 14.1 will not work on new CX-S859
I have a strange problem with a new CX-S859, it came preloaded with Gotham13.2 which works OK. However when I install Kodi 14.1 or 14.2 it installs it's flash screen (starting kodi for the first time) it then returns back to the kitkat 4.4 launch page.
To make it even stranger it loads and runs Kodi15 (daily build) just fine. The box came with superuser loaded which lists 13.2 but not 14.1 or 14.2, could the problem be with superuser or firmwareHuh
Probably superuser, as the request for root permissions has been removed from Isengard.
Cheers Koying I will see if I can do anything with superuser.
Hello,

I have the same problem. I bought the same box.
It won't let me unistall 13.2 or if I install 14.2 it starts the first time, but it just shuts down.

Have you found a solution to this problem?
Mine does the same, is there a fix for this?
I'm having same problem has this been solved yet?
Try a nightly build (wiki) or wait for the upcoming v15?
(2015-06-13, 06:11)Ned Scott Wrote: Try a nightly build (wiki) or wait for the upcoming v15?

switching to 15.0 beta fixed the issue box still runs slow though compared to my mx3 i wonder if my cx s859 is a fake or if the boxes are just that slow
It could be a heat issue. If the CPU isn't getting cooled off enough then it will throttle itself down to prevent crashing.
(2015-06-13, 06:11)Ned Scott Wrote: Try a nightly build (wiki) or wait for the upcoming v15?

I know from before you do not like to be tied to dates but do you have an indication of when v15 might be available?
(2015-06-14, 11:18)Fresh329 Wrote:

switching to 15.0 beta fixed the issue box still runs slow though compared to my mx3 i wonder if my cx s859 is a fake or if the boxes are just that slow

My guess is that it runs slower, drum roll please, because it is... Pretty much every S802/S812 box I've seen is clocked at 2Ghz, the S805 boxes all appear to be clocked at 1.5Ghz.(The Max they can be clocked at while staying in specs.)

That has to make a difference if they're ever hitting anywhere near 100% utilization. I have a CX-S806 with an S802 @ 2Ghz and I know I've seen KODI clock at least one core to 100% on status displays in KODI so maybe the interface is run on that core?(not sure, just a guess, having no idea how the multi-core/multi-tasking is split up on these puppies)
(2015-06-14, 16:32)JNRW Wrote:

I know from before you do not like to be tied to dates but do you have an indication of when v15 might be available?

Our hope is to release it very soon. This month, if possible. It all just depends on how long it takes to fix the major bugs that are found. The last major issue took a lot longer than we expected, for example.

* Ned Scott goes to sacrifice something to the gods of software development luck
(2015-06-14, 21:09)technisol Wrote: My guess is that it runs slower, drum roll please, because it is... Pretty much every S802/S812 box I've seen is clocked at 2Ghz, the S805 boxes all appear to be clocked at 1.5Ghz.(The Max they can be clocked at while staying in specs.)
Possibly, I do know the the Cortex A5 in the S805 is more power efficient than the Cortex A9 in the MX/S802/S812.

My S805 is stable and fast running Overclocked at 1.78Ghz from just an old iPhone charger.

I suspect some users are experiencing Overheating issues due to poorly written Firmware, plus getting a device that is "Fully Loaded" with all manner of dodgy badly written addons that is eventually CPU throttling the device due to Overtemp limit exceedences.

Suggestion, remove all the shitty Add-Ons from this list:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Search the Freaktab website for improved compatible Firmware.

(2015-06-15, 00:38)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 16:32)JNRW Wrote:

Our hope is to release it very soon. This month, if possible. It all just depends on how long it takes to fix the major bugs that are found. The last major issue took a lot longer than we expected, for example.

* Ned Scott goes to sacrifice something to the gods of software development luck

Thank you, Ned, for your reply. Can't wait for the final release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.1 will not work on new CX-S8590