Win External players don't show in Kodi
Hi one very confused noobie here i've read through the posts on here with great interest even tried editing up and adding the xml files from here I got the C context menu working but when I choose the vlc option I nothing happened it just defaulted to kodi's own player.
I am using windows 7 with the latest kodi isengard the only sucess I had in getting an iptv streaming to vlc was with using the following playercorefactory.xml configuration but this will not allow for streams from itv.com or bbc iplayer as i thing they use a different protocol.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Playtype" filetype="mkv|mp4|avi|m3u8" player="VLC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I a nutshell what I want to do is try and get a working windows playercorefactory.xml that i can edit to work on my system so I both stream and record in vlc the one shown in detail on here is for linux i have fddplay and the other tools setup on my C:\ drive
Lightbulb 
In relation to VLC rejecting calls, I read NapoleonWils0n that there is a linefeed bug in Windows that interferes with long urls sent to VLC. Very hit and miss in Windows for me (mostly miss) but some success with

banned add-on (wiki) reference removed - DarrenHill .

Additionally, VLC cannot play all streams
Please abide by the forum rules (wiki) concerning discussion of banned add-ons (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External players don't show in Kodi0