Bug Smartplaylist (home menu) seperates collections
Peeps,

I noticed something weird and i'm not sure if it is the skin or Kodi itself.

I'm running Kodi 14.2 rc1 MAR 11 2015 with Aeon MQ6 1.8.0 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

My movie section on the home menu is a linked smart-playlist, this so i can filter on documentaries, stand-up comedy etc. (filter based on path).

When I open my movies section (home menu) and open a collection like the godfather and then go one step back to the movie section again, all sets are separated.
This only happens within Aeon MQ 5 and 6 so i first submitted this bug to the skin developer, but they state that "the grouping of sets is managed by Kodi. The skin has no bearing on this."
This doesn't happen when i use the file browser. Further down are step by step screenshots and a video.

So now i'm posting it on the Kodi forums Big Grin

What happens is the following (with screenshots):

When i open a movie set, lets say the godfather collection :

I see the collection then like this:

Then when i go back, all the sets are not in sets anymore but separated :

The only way i can fix this is by going back to the home menu and reopen the movie section.

This video shows also what happens:

This doesn't happen with the original movie section, only when i use a smart-playlist that's is linked on the home menu.
When i open the smart-playlist through the file browser the collections stay intact.

Now the question is if its skin or kodi related, i dont know another skin where i am able to edit the home menu like in Aeon MQ 5 & 6, so i am unable to test it on another skin.
Yes I've seen this behaviour using the skin Transparency! with a smart playlist pulling the top 250, it shows sets that have some of these videos (designated by the sets cover) on entry, it shows the content list flat, backing out of the set to an over view of all the covers they are flat (no loner showing sets) and the only way to see those sets again is to exit and re-enter. Conclusion is that this is within the playlist operations. Unsure if samrt playlists should NOT include sets but just contents flat or always show sets... As it is we get both behavours, perhaps this was a developer choice and gave us both?
Known bug reported all over the place (unfortunately). We're working on a fix for 15.x.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-03-26, 18:03)mkortstiege Wrote: Known bug reported all over the place (unfortunately). We're working on a fix for 15.x.

Alright, thanks for the info, I've got patience Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartplaylist (home menu) seperates collections0