Quick swap thumb drive/ swap playlist
I am running a 24/7 music video channel and am looking to streamline the process of adding new content.

What I would like to do is to swap out a new thumb drive every week, so I can work on next weeks playlist all week from a different computer.

Currently, I would autostart a folder and put it on shuffle, which works pretty well, but I'd prefer to organize a playlist instead of leaving it to random.

I'm having a tough time visualizing an approach and was wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions to explore?
Best to ask this in the OS independent forum where more people will see it.
It is a kodi, not a Pi specific question.
Oh, right. Thank you!
Can't help with the problem sadly but I am wondering why you are using Kodi for this. Kinda curious as to the setup, mind giving some more information Big Grin
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
I can't think of a better way to stream videos 24/7 on a cheap computer. I also switch between the pre-recorded video stream and studio cameras for live broadcast.

I run it through an analog video mixer, then digitize on the fly into wirecast.

I'm sure there are better ways but I doubt there are cheaper ways. Not a lot of money in this indie TV biz. Mine may not look pretty, but it sounds great and its all music videos anyway. Also, cheap video loads fast and saves on bandwidth!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick swap thumb drive/ swap playlist0