Some playback issues with .avi files
Firstly thank you for stopping by to read the thread!
I've been a huge supporter of XBMC and KODI for many years now, and the latest update to include hardware useage for almost all android machines has been amazing! I am using a generic machine, Bluetimes tech or something, running a AMLogic AML8726-MX chip. Everything plays wonderfully, except my old .avi files, which eventually stop video playback but continue with sound. When I used to use XBMC with an external player, I would solve the issue by using software decoding through xbmc to play them, but for the life of me cannot work out how to set this up. Failing that another work around would be much appreciated. It seems to be an issue with the AMLogic AML8726-MX, as the default player that AM logic provides also has the same issue.

Thanks in advance!
Just for completeness if anyone else has the issue, I've found a workaround. I used the playercore settings and redirected avi files to play in an external player with software decoding. Sorts the problem, but doesn't reveal why avi files are causing an issue!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some playback issues with .avi files1