Amazon Fire TV USB update
No sign of an update here yet.

Has anyone tried a drive that exceeds Amazon's specs, such as a USS powered WD Passport 2TB?
I tried a 250gb Hard Drive and no go.
(2015-03-30, 14:10)vjmcdonnell Wrote: I tried a 250gb Hard Drive and no go.

Does it have a power source? The Fire TV doesn't have enough power for HDD strictly through USB.
It has a power source
I'm just thinking it might be formatted as ntfs.
I'll check when I go home and if needed format to fat32
Everything you need to know about USB Storage with the Amazon Fire TV
The guy running that aftvnews.com website really does a fantastic job. Shows what you can really do when you narrow your focus to a single specific device.

Well, with the stick, two devices.
(2015-03-27, 19:12)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 08:50)Koying Wrote: It's in since a while: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_sett...or_Android

There also were a couple of recent threads about this if the wiki is not clear.

Is this slower like the other method?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just tried it out there's no speed difference that I can see. Big Grin

EDIT 2: Had it set up wrong before and now I've got it correct it's terribly slow using this method - to the point of Kodi hanging for up to a minute at a time just navigating through the menus.

I'm having the same issue with it being so slow, it's unusable. Have you been able to get it to work any better?
Could you please post the syntax you used in the xbmc_env.properties?

I assume the file needs to placed at the root of sdcard?

(2015-03-27, 08:50)Koying Wrote: It's in since a while: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_sett...or_Android

Thanks.

EDIT 2: Had it set up wrong before and now I've got it correct it's terribly slow using this method - to the point of Kodi hanging for up to a minute at a time just navigating through the menus.

Thanks.

What type of USB drive are you using?

You really need to use a USB 3.0 thumbdrive or a SSD. The read/write speeds of a normal USB 2 thumbdrive isn't fast enough and is a problem we ran into with the rooted USB mount method.

A USB 3 thumbdrive should work much better and you shouldn't notice any speed difference.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
AFTVnews has put up a useful guide if you want to move some or all your Kodi data to external storage:
www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially-or-entirely-move-kodi-data-to-external-usb-storage/

I haven't tried it myself yet.
Not much info on using extusb as kodi userdata storage. With the amount of thumb images I have my aftv is in need of some relief. Any updated info on moving userdata over to usb3.0 stick without crippling kodi?
A specific guide was just posted above your post: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/
I did that guide but TVaddons was gone from kodi. Kodi loaded but basic first skin with no addons showing in any folders.
Did you actually do "6. Copy Kodi’s files to your USB drive" or backup/restore you data?
I used abdfire to create and move folders over. It booted fine but once i deleted the internal kodi it would only boot kodi no extra stuff. I know the transfer was fine because the second option of moving just thumbs gave a error on boot I used teh 1st transfer to replace xml settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV USB update0