Will be Uninstalling Kodi
Just to let you know i will be uninstalling Kodi as it keeps crashing my machine out completely.

Going back to XBMC 12.3 which I know works without issues.

Win 8.1 64Bit
i3-3110M CPU
4gb RAM
Intel HD 4000 graphics.
I have uninstalled it now and ran the same file on XBMC 12.3 - No problems at all.
Still more work to do on Kodi I think.
It seems the more prudent action would be to post logs of why your machines are crashing so that the issue might be fixed
Having to Hard Boot the machine i doubt any logs would have been generated or would have been lost.
the logfile is not lost, because Kodi is always keeping the logfile of the last run - so there is the current log and the last log. Also if it crashes, a crashlog and/or dump is created. So if you want your issue fixed it would be good if you could try to get a debug log.

Btw - which version have you used? There was a issue with the webserver in 14.1 on Windows, so if you where using this version, go and grab 14.2 RC (which will become 14.2 final in the next days) which should fix your issue.
Think i'll stick with the previous working version i have reinstalled, give you guys a few months to iron out the wrinkles.
What instead of helping out discovering potential bugs? Your logs might help iron out the wrinkles.
time for the best user and bug report award.
don't expect your bug to be fixed in a future version if you're not willing to help. We can't fix without knowing what's causing your issue. Could you at least answer which version you had installed? 14.0, 14.1 or 14.2RC?
File14.2 was the version I installed. (Which is Kodi 14.1 Helix) upgraded from XBMC 12.3 Will log files still be present after uninstall, if so where and i will send them to help you out.
lol

13 was also xbmc if this is a passive aggressive name change resistance
I'm genuinely not sure what happens to the log file if you uninstall 14 and reinstall 12. I'd guess it should remain, since you should now have an XBMC and a Kodi userdata folder.

The easiest way to get it without reinstall 14 is to

right click the Start/Window button on Windows 8.1,
select Run,
then put %APPDATA% in the box and select OK.
Open the Kodi folder that you see.
You should now see kodi.log. Open kodi.log with Notepad
Copy/paste everything from that log to http://pastebin.com/
Then give us the pastebin link.
Nope no Kodi folder in there guess it was deleted when I uninstalled it as expected.
Install Kodi again but in the installation prompts select that you do not wish to upgrade your existing install and not to move Userdata, then once installed run in portable mode. This leaves your Frodo install untouched for when you want to watch something, but allows you to test Kodi, provide logs etc so the source of the problem can be determined.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will be Uninstalling Kodi0