How do i make a proper backup of kodi ?
I'm currently on Kodi 14.1 and finished making a backup. I uninstalled kodi and re-installed it again, downloaded "BackUp" addon by Kodi Repository and decided to make a restore. When the restore finished only the addons i had were saved but the main menu was back to default look (Aeon Nox). Is there a way to make the main menu and submenus save as well after completing a restore of kodi.

Thank you....
Take a backup of your Userdata folder

All your settings, addons are stored here. (if you are using mysql, then your db won't be in here ofc Smile )
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2015-03-26, 22:01)zerocool_ie Wrote: Take a backup of your Userdata folder

All your settings, addons are stored here. (if you are using mysql, then your db won't be in here ofc Smile )

thanks i had feeling i had to do that....
The backup addon will save that stuff, you just have to configure it to do so.
(2015-03-27, 00:31)robweber Wrote: The backup addon will save that stuff, you just have to configure it to do so.

i've tried almost everything and it wont save the home menu shortcut and submenus (aeon nox) and different skins. If you know and have tried with specific settings please let me know how?

thanks
The best way to get a full backup is to copy the add-ons, media and user data folders. You can delete all of the items in the packages folder to reduce the size.
Hope you don't mind if I throw in some related questions Smile

I have been running Kodi on AppleTV2 for some time, just got a nice new Amazon Fire TV and got Kodi on it last night.

If I make a backup on the ATV2 with the backup utility as described here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Backup
I will backup to a folder on my NAS.

I should I hope be able to fully restore the setup to my new AFTV via this method right? Even tho this is cross platform?

This should backup everything, skin, menu mods, DB, favorites file paths etc etc??

I really like the way Kodi is setup on my ATV2, I just hate my ATV2 is all Smile

Thanx
(2015-03-27, 01:22)BeCableFree Wrote: The best way to get a full backup is to copy the add-ons, media and user data folders. You can delete all of the items in the packages folder to reduce the size.

I agree, this is the easiest, most comprehensive method.

I'm running Kodi 15.2 on the Minix Neo X8-H, with the Titan skin. Attempted to duplicate my set up onto my phone (HTC One M9). Tried the 'Backup' add-on alone, only a partial restore. Tried using Titans backup & restore facility alone, only a partial restore. Tried using combinations of those two in caring orders, only partial restore.

After a wee bit of googling I found this thread, with BFC's advice. Copied this Kodi folders from the Minix to my phone... Kodi set up cloned. Very easy, just not automated. Though it would be pretty easy to use a tool like FolderSync (Android) to get the job done, and help with the automation.

Thanks for the tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i make a proper backup of kodi ?0