Second Profile
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a kids profile with XBMC Kodi 14.2-RC1 on a Raspberry Pi 2. I can create the profile and edit it such that it is how I want it, until I put a password on the Master user. When I do this, all the videos in my library disappear. This happens on both accounts, even though the password is only on the Master user. Has anyone seen this problem before, and what can I do about it!?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
Does anyone have any ideas about this?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System

Quote: 7 Master lock
See also: Profiles
Note: The Master lock options are ONLY available while using the default user profile.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Profile

Quote:Lock preferences
Allows you to lock many of your preferences. This is detailed below.
Media info
Allows you to have separate information saved for your media, i.e. IMdB, AllMusic, etc. The options are

Separate - Profiles have separate media info with full control
Shares with Default - Shares media info with the default user with full control
Shares with Default (Read Only) - Shares media info with the default user, and is locked by the master code
Separate (Locked) - Profile has separate media info, but you can only change it by enabling master mode.

Media sources
Allows you to have separate media sources for the profiles. The options are

Separate - Profiles have separate media sources with full control
Shares with Default - Shares media sources with the default user with full control
Shares with Default (Read Only) - Shares media sources with the default user, and is locked by the master code
Separate (Locked) - Profiles have separate media sources, but you can only change them by enabling master mode.

3 The profile lock preferences
Profile3.png

Profile Lock
Allows you to set a password for the profile. Locking a profile is essentially the same as setting a password on your computer; it disallows other users from using your profile, modifying your settings or viewing your media shares if they are configured separately from other users. The options are:

Numeric password - Enter a Numeric Password using the On Screen Keyboard
Gamepad button combo - Enter a series of buttons using the Gamepad
Full-text password - Enter a plain-text password using the On Screen Keyboard

Lock music section
Lock video section
Lock pictures section
Lock programs and scripts section
Lock file manager
Lock settings
Restricts access for the selected profile to the selected sections when selected
Ok, thanks, I read all that anyway but I still can't access the videos in my libraries in either profile without entering master mode (in both profiles). I'm trying to create one master profile with a code and one profile that is code-free to just view films.

The only way I can do it is by temporarily 'unlocking sources' and entering master mode, which is obviously not what I want.

Quote:6 Locking

See also: Settings/System#Master lock
If you want to make a source more private, you can use lockcodes or passwords to protect that source. The easiest way to accomplish this in XBMC/Kodi, is using the GUI dialogs. First, enable the Master Lock in Settings/System/Master lock. After enabling the Master Lock, a Set Lock button will pop up in the Context Menu allowing you to set a lock on specific sources. XBMC/Kodi will ask for the master lock code and then give you the opportunity to set a unique Password on that specific share. To Remove the Lock you need to remember the Master Lock code.

This 'Set Lock' button does not appear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second Profile0