• 10(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-07-27, 21:22)meles Wrote: Thanks for everyone's help. I've not had issues with reclock. I am running madvr and reclock both with mpc-hc and Kodi, so the only difference is the video and audio codecs. I think I will optimize sound playback of HD audio movies for MPC-HC and have Kodi do everything else with FFDshow audio which has been killer with for nonHD audio material for two channel headphone, etc. listening (this will include most tv shows for which the a media server interface is indespensible.) My problem may follow me with the audio codec and if so I'll report back. Right now the HD Star Trek file has trouble when doing dolby truehd with Kodi, with the lower quality commentary track this Kodi combination has no problems.
I've got MPC-HC running LAV audio which sounds great and is able to playback the Star Trek TrueHD file without issue (but you'll notice in the Kodi log using FFDShow Raw video filter due to LAV video not working for me as discussed back many posts and posts and posts). I also can switch to the FFDShow Raw audio processor easily.

I cannot get FFDShow Raw working with Kodi. I believe it is showing up in filters as FFDShow audio processor (shows in MPC external filters as such, but tray icon is FFDshow raw audio decoder, interface ffdshow audio processor configuration). For me, Kodi works with Lav Audio and FFDShow Audio decoder. Any ideas on how to get FFDShow audio processor/FFDShow raw audio decoder working? I've even reloaded FFDshow processor under another name from Filters list with same results. Snippet from error log follows:
20:14:54 T:8852 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "ffdshow raw video filter" to the graph
20:14:54 T:8852 FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
20:14:54 T:8852 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "ffdshow_audio_processor"
20:14:54 T:8852 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
20:14:54 T:8852 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
20:14:54 T:4740 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [C:\Users\ENVY\TV Shows\The Ren and Stimpy Show\The Ren and Stimpy Show Season 3\3e07-Ren's Retirement.mkv]
20:14:54 T:9208 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

The file in question sounds much better with FFDshow raw audio and is 48,000 uncompressed, output as 48,000 Hz, 32 bit float. It sounds remarkably better with the raw audio codec on these settings on my laptop over headphones (ridiculously better on big two channel rig.) (Celebrity: this one sounds best on 32 float by a wide margin, but I think this is because it is uncompressed.)

Thanks. I really want to use Kodi and its interface, but my ears are keeping me in the dark ages with MPC right now.
FFdshow raw audio is not a codec nor does it do anything to improve fidelity/quality. It enables you to mix and apply optional filters, nothing more, nothing less. Everything else is all in your head.

As far as I know, neither LAV or FFDshow can actually decode TrueHD fully. Both are only capable of reading the 5.1 lossy core of the 7.1 lossless stream. Only commercial solutions are able to fully decode TrueHD thus far. (correct me if I'm wrong, but last time i checked, its not part of libav yet)

Also, you need to provide the full filter pipeline you are using. You seem to be trying to pipe encoded audio/video to a ffdshow raw filter and that is simply never going to work, nor make sense. You can only use them as extra filters inbetween.

Ceremony out, I seem to be talking to a wall... You gotta remove all that pseudo-audiophile bullshit from your brain
Use ReClock, WASAPI Exclusive bitstreaming, turn off media speed correction. Enjoy.
(2015-07-29, 22:59)Warner306 Wrote: Use ReClock, WASAPI Exclusive bitstreaming, turn off media speed correction. Enjoy.
That is causing the error I mentioned before where I get no audio with LAV.
My reclock settings are:
PCM: Direct sound
Bitstream: wave out

for my HP Envy headphone out the the sound is tops with the LAV for hd audio.

I am giving up on Kodi for now and will have to suffer with MPC-HC where I can switch audio codecs easily enough and I like using LAV there for hd audio. It is not a pleasant thing when my laptop is in full screen exclusive and my cpu starts overheating and slugging out. It just locks up and it is difficult to get it out of it. I am running softcubic 100 in madVR and I could back off to your suggestions, but I'd prefer not to and MPC-HC somehow is not getting distressed where Kodi is having playback issues (Star Trek dolby truehd file.)

I am now taking a dsplayer vacation and will check back in the distant future. Thanks for all your help Warner (and Celebrity's who has opened my eyes to some things audio). I've got LAV video working again and it and lav audio are tops in my book. Anyone else reading this I strongly recommend DSPlayer as setup in this guide. The video and audio are phenomenal and most will not be concerned with my reasons for wanting to get FFDshow audio processor working with Kodi. If you are using Kodi to play files locally, it is just a shocking improvement.
I am having a problem getting DVDs (actual discs) playing in DSPlayer. When I insert and play a Blu-ray disc and launch it in Kodi, DSPlayer does its job. When I do the same with a DVD, it is only playing in DVDPlayer. Annoyingly, all my ripped disc images, in Video_TS folders, are loaded into and play fine in DSPlayer.

When I insert a DVD and play it in MPC-HC, DSPlayer works with it fine.

I presume this is a problem with my Kodi settings or mediasconfig, which I have uploaded below:

http://pastebin.com/zhtLW6xS
(2015-08-01, 10:35)TMDaines Wrote: I am having a problem getting DVDs (actual discs) playing in DSPlayer. When I insert and play a Blu-ray disc and launch it in Kodi, DSPlayer does its job. When I do the same with a DVD, it is only playing in DVDPlayer. Annoyingly, all my ripped disc images, in Video_TS folders, are loaded into and play fine in DSPlayer.

When I insert a DVD and play it in MPC-HC, DSPlayer works with it fine.

I presume this is a problem with my Kodi settings or mediasconfig, which I have uploaded below:

http://pastebin.com/zhtLW6xS

I'd move this to the main forum. I don't know anything about DVDs. You might want to set-up a rule to play these files with MPC or some other external player.
MPC setup is covered here (it doesn't include DVDs, however): 209596 (thread).
(2015-08-01, 22:35)Warner306 Wrote: MPC setup is covered here (it doesn't include DVDs, however): 209596 (thread).
No way to script this based on audio format? This above is really cool by the way.
Hi Warner306. You need to add VOB to the list in mediasconfig.xml, otherwise they don't play back.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hi,

Installed Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR as per the instructions.

I have two issues ...

1. When playing older 4:3 videos, the aspect ratio is always fixed at the "Stretched" setting. The "View Mode" setting does nothing!

2. When playing any video for the first time, it is hidden behing the GUI. Subsequent plays are correct with the video appearing as expected.

Any clues?
(2015-08-11, 12:04)Gussie Wrote: Hi,

Installed Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR as per the instructions.

I have two issues ...

1. When playing older 4:3 videos, the aspect ratio is always fixed at the "Stretched" setting. The "View Mode" setting does nothing!

2. When playing any video for the first time, it is hidden behing the GUI. Subsequent plays are correct with the video appearing as expected.

Any clues?

1. You would have to ask in the main forum.

2. Turn on refresh rate switching and switch to Fullscreen exclusive mode before playback start in DSPlayer settings. I set refresh rate selection for both madVR and Kodi, but it can be done in one or the other. You could also wait for the next build (15.1) as it improves playback start. This build was released today.
(2015-08-11, 00:19)ashlar Wrote: Hi Warner306. You need to add VOB to the list in mediasconfig.xml, otherwise they don't play back.

VOB was added. Thanks.
Hi Warner, just curious and still trying to learn all this lol but what is/would be the difference (if any) between setting up a media filter rules using this

Code:
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
<subs filter="xysubfilter" />

as opposed to these media filter rules

Code:
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />

cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-08-12, 09:35)wints Wrote: Hi Warner, just curious and still trying to learn all this lol but what is/would be the difference (if any) between setting up a media filter rules using this

Code:
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />

as opposed to these media filter rules

Code:
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<audio filter="lavaudiodec" />

cheers

I don't think there is any difference, just different names for the same filters. Unless the file fails to play.
Question. Why can't I choose taps when choosing jinc in madvr?
I can with lanczos and spline.

Nevermind: Jinc is now always 3.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7