• 2(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-04-05, 11:45)anty Wrote: Hello,
I tried to follow your guide to make it happen, unfortunately video playback does not start with dsplayer.Sad
log file
Thank you

Did you uncheck Use system merits in DSPlayer settings?

Did you move mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml to the dsplayer folder in the userdata folder?

Did you move playercorefactory.xml to the userdata folder?

Lastly, did you correctly install LAV Filters, AV Splitter and XySubFilter?

Looking at your log file, it looks like a problem with WASAPI Exclusive playback. Uninstall ReClock and try a different audio device.
(2015-04-05, 08:46)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 09:33)Warner306 Wrote: 7. TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
[*]Users of SVP (SmoothVideo Project) should substitute lavfsplitter as the Source Filter in place of lavsource when using FFDShow for the filter to work as designed.
[/list]

This is totally wrong. You can use any combination of source / video decoding filter with SVP. SVP injects avisynth script into FFDShow to do the job. All you have to do is add FFDShow RAW as extra filter. And SVP would inject code on the fly.

The information you recieved, it's just that example filterconfig / mediaconfig xml SVP team provided is different in filter naming. It's kinda outdated anyway.

Ok, tip deleted.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote:
I tried to follow your guide to make it happen, unfortunately video playback does not start with dsplayer.Sad
log file
Thank you
Yes.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Did you move mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml to the dsplayer folder in the userdata folder?
Yes.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Did you move playercorefactory.xml to the userdata folder?
Yes.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Lastly, did you correctly install LAV Filters, AV Splitter and XySubFilter?
Yes, I checked all setting, everything is set up as seen here in this guide, downloaded from the links you provided.
KodiSetup-20150404-db53bda-Helix_dsplayer_madvr
LAVFilters-0.64
SetupReClock1884
XySubFilter_3.1.0.705_x86_BETA2
DSPlayer Starter Kit
avsplitter_x86_1.2.2.15
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Looking at your log file, it looks like a problem with WASAPI Exclusive playback. Uninstall ReClock and try a different audio device.
Uninstalled reclock, tried different audio device, still video won't start.
First of all, thanks a lot for the tutorial, it's fantastic.

My issue is identical to the one described by Anty. Videos don't start on DSPlayer but they do on DVDPlayer.

However, the configuration of madVR, LAV filters works fine in MPC-HC though, with the only exception of Reclock, which does not play multichannel audio tracks, unless I select in Reclock that all these have to be reencoded in AC3. Sound config in Windows only shows 2 channels allowed in my TV (LG OLED 55EC930V); this was never a problem in Kodi when selected Wasapi in passthrough towards my 4.1 sound bar (HDMI Arc connected to tv).

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards.
u mean u can't set 4.1 in windows?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-04-06, 11:20)vicmanpergar Wrote: u mean u can't set 4.1 in windows?
Yes, I never could but it wasn't an issue before because enabling pass through in Kodi (Wasapi), the audio reached my sound bar and the bar could decode itself both DTS and Dolby multichannel tracks. For audios in formats that are incompatible with my sound bar (HD formats), Kodi decoded those for me.

I only started to face the issue when using Reclock as audio renderer.
Well, this kindda issues are very typical in DSPlayer, i also had them, and u have to work it out till u get what's failing. Usually something in ur mediasconfig (often it was sound filters for me) may be incorrectly set or incompatible with the rest of settings.
Something that can help usually is the Kodi log, before the crash.
Btw, raul.orozco , i guess ur sound system is HDMI from HTPC to the sound bar, and HDMI from the sound bar to the TV? and do u have a Nvidia or AMD card? (I know u probably already got this clear cos u had no problems with passthrough, i'm just curious)
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
(2015-04-06, 12:15)vicmanpergar Wrote: Well, this kindda issues are very typical in DSPlayer, i also had them, and u have to work it out till u get what's failing. Usually something in ur mediasconfig (often it was sound filters for me) may be incorrectly set or incompatible with the rest of settings.
Btw, raul.orozco , i guess ur sound system is HDMI from HTPC to the sound bar, and HDMI from the sound bar to the TV? and do u have a Nvidia or AMD card? (I know u probably already got this clear cos u had no problems with passthrough, i'm just curious)

Thanks, Víctor, for your reply.

My system is as follows: HTPC to TV via HDMI, TV to sound bar via HDMI ARC.

CPU in my HTPC is an old AMD 9350e Quad, GPU is a brand new Nvidia GT 730, with 2 GB of RAM DDR5.
(2015-04-06, 09:42)anty Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote:
log file
Thank you
Yes.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Did you move mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml to the dsplayer folder in the userdata folder?
Yes.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Did you move playercorefactory.xml to the userdata folder?
Yes.
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Lastly, did you correctly install LAV Filters, AV Splitter and XySubFilter?
Yes, I checked all setting, everything is set up as seen here in this guide, downloaded from the links you provided.
KodiSetup-20150404-db53bda-Helix_dsplayer_madvr
LAVFilters-0.64
SetupReClock1884
XySubFilter_3.1.0.705_x86_BETA2
DSPlayer Starter Kit
avsplitter_x86_1.2.2.15
(2015-04-05, 18:10)Warner306 Wrote: Looking at your log file, it looks like a problem with WASAPI Exclusive playback. Uninstall ReClock and try a different audio device.
Uninstalled reclock, tried different audio device, still video won't start.

This line in your log stands out: 11:23:44 T:1752

ERROR: CWinSystemWin32::ChangeResolution : ChangeDisplaySettingsEx failed with -2

I don't know what it means, however. Have you tried unchecking Adjust display to refresh rate? Also, have you set the resolution of Windows and your graphics card to match the resolution of your display?

If this does not work, please post your debug log in the official forum. More people will see your post and will likely be able to help out.

Edit: I wondered if your issue might have something to do with madVR set-up. Make sure you leave the display modes field blank in madVR and let Kodi handle refresh rate switching.
(2015-04-06, 12:26)raul.orozco Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 12:15)vicmanpergar Wrote: Well, this kindda issues are very typical in DSPlayer, i also had them, and u have to work it out till u get what's failing. Usually something in ur mediasconfig (often it was sound filters for me) may be incorrectly set or incompatible with the rest of settings.

CPU in my HTPC is an old AMD 9350e Quad, GPU is a brand new Nvidia GT 730, with 2 GB of RAM DDR5.

I agree that a log file is useful in diagnosing this problem. It should be posted in the main forum.

Turn dubugging on in System -> Debugging. Play a video. Close Kodi. Navigate to kodi.log in the Kodi folder. Paste this log to Pastebin and provide a link in the DSPlayer forum.
(2015-04-06, 12:26)raul.orozco Wrote:

How strange, are u sure that's the best way?. I think the reason windows is only giving u 2.0 sound, is u have it directly connected to the TV (which is 2.0 of course), instead of the sound bar.
My HTPC is connected by HDMI to the AVR (5.1), and from my AVR by HDMI ARC to the TV. This way, Windows detect the 5.1 (wheter is an AVR or a sound bar, i think is the same)

As Warner says, if u upload it to pastebin, and paste the link in the post Warner says, ppl will be able to help. Usually u wanna search the chain of log replies showing a playback is starting, and then search for any ERROR (u can check also WARNINGS) line in there.
HTPC
Thank you all for your suggestions. I've been able to fix Reclock by uninstalling and re-installing. Now it works ok in bitstreaming with MPC-HC; it passes through DTS and DD streams to the TV and from there, it goes intact to the sound bar, which decodes DTS and DD. Rest of HD formats are decoded at MPC-HC. I can conclude that my MPC-HC with madVR, LAV filters and Reclock works pretty good.

However, my main issue persists. Kodi DSplayer does not work; screen turns to black when trying to play a movie and the application hangs. I close it in Windows Task Manager and cannot re-open it again (black screen for ever). For the time being, I will stay with DVDPlayer and Lanczos as scaling method. I've tried MPC-HC with Jinc 3 taps with AR for both Chroma and Luma scaling, and it goes pretty well but my graphics card gets seriously under pressure (around 32 ms in rendering time); in addition, Lanczos looks pretty nice to my eyes, a bit sharper than Jinc.

I will try DSPlayer again in the weekend; family was a bit annoyed with me these days because the TV in the living room has been blocked by daddy doing strange things in the computer :-)

Thanks again !!!
Hi,
First of all thank you for such a great guide!!
I followed the steps in configuring the DSP player in kodi but non of my videos in the local library gets played. The online scrappers are still getting payed. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also, is there a way to confirm on the video that proper audio and video codecs are getting applied. Would that be ctrl + J option in kodi?
Attached is the log.
log

Also, I am on windows 7 64 bit, I unzipped xysubfilter beta x86 version under a new folder in Program Files (not Program Filesx86) and installed the bat as administrator but dont seem to have the filter installed on my machine. Also, the mpc-hcx64 does not seem to recognize the madVR which is x86 installed under ProgramFilesx86. Can this be an issue (XYSubFilter and MPCx64 installed under Program Files whereas madVR, LAV Filters, ReClock,Kodi are on ProgramFilesx86 folder)

My configuration- HDMI going from HTPC to TV, SPDIF going from HTPC to Soundbar. Audio under System settings is WASPI default on both audio output and as a pass through device.
(2015-04-07, 18:41)vineet381 Wrote: Hi,
I followed the steps in configuring the DSP player in kodi but non of my videos in the local library gets played. The online scrappers are still getting payed. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also, is there a way to confirm on the video that proper audio and video codecs are getting applied. Would that be ctrl + J option in kodi?
Attached is the log.
log

Also, I am on windows 7 64 bit, I unzipped xysubfilter beta x86 version under a new folder in Program Files (not Program Filesx86) and installed the bat as administrator but dont seem to have the filter installed on my machine. Also, the mpc-hcx64 does not seem to recognize the madVR which is x86 installed under ProgramFilesx86. Can this be an issue (XYSubFilter and MPCx64 installed under Program Files whereas madVR, LAV Filters, ReClock,Kodi are on ProgramFilesx86 folder)

My configuration- HDMI going from HTPC to TV, SPDIF going from HTPC to Soundbar. Audio under System settings is WASPI default on both audio output and as a pass through device.

Can you move this post to the main thread? I know the player still has bugs, but I'm not the one who can fix them.
(2015-04-07, 18:41)vineet381 Wrote: Hi,
Attached is the log.
log

It sounds like you installed the wrong version of XySubFilter and MPC. Both must be the 32-bit versions to remain compatible with madVR and DSPlayer.

The bug about items in your library is harder to understand. Are you talking about videos that are not scraped (e.g. home movies, etc.)? You should clarify this in the main forum.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7