• 3(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-04-07, 11:42)raul.orozco Wrote: Thank you all for your suggestions. I've been able to fix Reclock by uninstalling and re-installing. Now it works ok in bitstreaming with MPC-HC; it passes through DTS and DD streams to the TV and from there, it goes intact to the sound bar, which decodes DTS and DD. Rest of HD formats are decoded at MPC-HC. I can conclude that my MPC-HC with madVR, LAV filters and Reclock works pretty good.

However, my main issue persists. Kodi DSplayer does not work; screen turns to black when trying to play a movie and the application hangs. I close it in Windows Task Manager and cannot re-open it again (black screen for ever). For the time being, I will stay with DVDPlayer and Lanczos as scaling method. I've tried MPC-HC with Jinc 3 taps with AR for both Chroma and Luma scaling, and it goes pretty well but my graphics card gets seriously under pressure (around 32 ms in rendering time); in addition, Lanczos looks pretty nice to my eyes, a bit sharper than Jinc.

I will try DSPlayer again in the weekend; family was a bit annoyed with me these days because the TV in the living room has been blocked by daddy doing strange things in the computer :-)

Thanks again !!!

I wouldn't just conclude that Jinc3 + AR is as good as it gets. Jinc4 might be better if you want a sharp picture. The same can be said for Lanczos4. At least you get an anti-ringing filter with madVR. A rendering queue of 32 ms shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't give up on madVR that easily. Its 16-bit output, deinterlacing and post-processing are superior to DVDPlayer. If you want the picture to be sharper, you could also add shaders to the post-resized image from the DSPlayer set-up menus.

I have a system with an older CPU (Core 2 Duo) and a newer GPU (GTS 450). It is having some problems with DSPlayer (black screens and freezes). My laptop with an Intel processor and integrated graphics card has no such issues. The developer, aracnoz, could fix these issues with more information. If you could capture a debug log of the problem or least post your problem in the main forum, it would be very helpful to others.
(2015-04-07, 20:35)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 18:41)vineet381 Wrote: Hi,
First of all thank you for such a great guide!!
I followed the steps in configuring the DSP player in kodi but non of my videos in the local library gets played. The online scrappers are still getting payed. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also, is there a way to confirm on the video that proper audio and video codecs are getting applied. Would that be ctrl + J option in kodi?
Attached is the log.
log

Also, I am on windows 7 64 bit, I unzipped xysubfilter beta x86 version under a new folder in Program Files (not Program Filesx86) and installed the bat as administrator but dont seem to have the filter installed on my machine. Also, the mpc-hcx64 does not seem to recognize the madVR which is x86 installed under ProgramFilesx86. Can this be an issue (XYSubFilter and MPCx64 installed under Program Files whereas madVR, LAV Filters, ReClock,Kodi are on ProgramFilesx86 folder)

My configuration- HDMI going from HTPC to TV, SPDIF going from HTPC to Soundbar. Audio under System settings is WASPI default on both audio output and as a pass through device.

It sounds like you installed the wrong version of XySubFilter and MPC. Both must be the 32-bit versions to remain compatible with madVR and DSPlayer.

The bug about items in your library is harder to understand. Are you talking about videos that are not scraped (e.g. home movies, etc.)? You should clarify this in the main forum.

Thanks, do every thing need to go to program files or do they need to be in program files x86 folder
(2015-04-07, 20:49)vineet381 Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 20:35)Warner306 Wrote:
I followed the steps in configuring the DSP player in kodi but non of my videos in the local library gets played. The online scrappers are still getting payed. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also, is there a way to confirm on the video that proper audio and video codecs are getting applied. Would that be ctrl + J option in kodi?
Attached is the log.
log

Also, I am on windows 7 64 bit, I unzipped xysubfilter beta x86 version under a new folder in Program Files (not Program Filesx86) and installed the bat as administrator but dont seem to have the filter installed on my machine. Also, the mpc-hcx64 does not seem to recognize the madVR which is x86 installed under ProgramFilesx86. Can this be an issue (XYSubFilter and MPCx64 installed under Program Files whereas madVR, LAV Filters, ReClock,Kodi are on ProgramFilesx86 folder)

My configuration- HDMI going from HTPC to TV, SPDIF going from HTPC to Soundbar. Audio under System settings is WASPI default on both audio output and as a pass through device.

It sounds like you installed the wrong version of XySubFilter and MPC. Both must be the 32-bit versions to remain compatible with madVR and DSPlayer.

The bug about items in your library is harder to understand. Are you talking about videos that are not scraped (e.g. home movies, etc.)? You should clarify this in the main forum.

Thanks, do every thing need to go to program files or do they need to be in program files x86 folder

When installing XySubFilter and madVR, it does not matter where you put the installer. It could be installed from anywhere. All that is important is that you run the install.bat. I suggested Program Files as the destination to keep this software with other programs on the computer.

Do post your problem in the main forum. I can't change the way the player works. Only the developer can.
Attached is the log.
log

Can u copy and paste here ur mediasconfig settings only the part for MKV ?
Also, always re-install reclock each time u install a new version of madVR, LavFilters, or whichever other filter u're using
Is ur media in local hard disk? PLaying from Samba or other remote servers uses to cause issues, beyond my knowledge.
Ur log says there're problems with the source filter, u should start from there. I assume all the filters are x86 versions (this is what must be, as far as one of the programs or filters involved in the chain is x86, is better to keep all x86 to ensure compatibity).
How's SPDIF configured in Reclock?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hi,
So I reninstalled AV, MPC-HC to 32 bit version, Reclock was uninstalled and resintalled too, LAV and Reclock does not have two distinct versions for 32 and 64 bits. When I play mkv using MPC-HC, reclock gives me an error audio not compatible with the 6.1 system and hardware does not support 16bit, 48KHz. I have realtec sound card and its settings has 16bit, 48KHZ in it. The video plays fine. It was stuettering before, had to select DXVA in madVR upscaling settings.
In Kodi I am playing files stored on my NAS through NFS. I am getting 5.1 surround (which is my set up) through Kodi on "WASPI default" when I play through its default player.
The Realclock settings are exactly the same as described in OP. I played around with it selectings Waveout etc but still the same result.
The mediaconfig settings are as follows for mkv, one thing to note is even non mkv files are not playable.

-<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="lavsource"/>
<splitter filter="avsplitter"/>
<video filter="lavvideo"/>
<audio filter="lavaudio"/>
<subs filter="xysubfilter"/>
</rule>

Thanks
(2015-04-08, 22:08)vineet381 Wrote: Hi,
So I reninstalled AV, MPC-HC to 32 bit version, Reclock was uninstalled and resintalled too, LAV and Reclock does not have two distinct versions for 32 and 64 bits. When I play mkv using MPC-HC, reclock gives me an error audio not compatible with the 6.1 system and hardware does not support 16bit, 48KHz. I have realtec sound card and its settings has 16bit, 48KHZ in it. The video plays fine. It was stuettering before, had to select DXVA in madVR upscaling settings.
In Kodi I am playing files stored on my NAS through NFS. I am getting 5.1 surround (which is my set up) through Kodi on "WASPI default" when I play through its default player.
The Realclock settings are exactly the same as described in OP. I played around with it selectings Waveout etc but still the same result.
The mediaconfig settings are as follows for mkv, one thing to note is even non mkv files are not playable.

-<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="lavsource"/>
<splitter filter="avsplitter"/>
<video filter="lavvideo"/>
<audio filter="lavaudio"/>
<subs filter="xysubfilter"/>
</rule>

Thanks

You should move this discussion to the official support thread. Posting the debug log to Pastebin and providing a link would get you started.

I'm a bit lost at what your remaining problems are. You don't need ReClock. You can use another audio device that is compatible with your set-up. But you say files won't play. That is a problem for the official support thread.
Will do, thank you.
i have just registered here to congratulate you for this amazing guide, madvr is amazing and was the only thing missing in kodi. But i have a question, while i was able to play all my mkv files with madvr i can`t seem to play iptv simple client or any stream whatsoever with madvr. Should i be able to play it with madvr also or am i being noob? i did the steps but i must have forgotten something Sad

Anyway thanks again for this guide Wink

A tip: jinc is not the best, best is nnedi in chroma and lanczo4 or spline4 in luma. and u dont need such a good gpu, mine gtx 750 can do it with 13ms rendering without dropping frames. And u can add to your guide if u can that ffdshow subtitle filter is stable to use instead xysub, i use it because i can put subs below any video Wink
(2015-04-28, 19:03)estupefacto Wrote: i have just registered here to congratulate you for this amazing guide, madvr is amazing and was the only thing missing in kodi. But i have a question, while i was able to play all my mkv files with madvr i can`t seem to play iptv simple client or any stream whatsoever with madvr. Should i be able to play it with madvr also or am i being noob? i did the steps but i must have forgotten something Sad

Anyway thanks again for this guide Wink

A tip: jinc is not the best, best is nnedi in chroma and lanczo4 or spline4 in luma. and u dont need such a good gpu, mine gtx 750 can do it with 13ms rendering without dropping frames. And u can add to your guide if u can that ffdshow subtitle filter is stable to use instead xysub, i use it because i can put subs below any video Wink

You must install the provided playercorefactory.xml. DSPlayer can't play any streams. DVDPlayer must be used in its place.

As for Jinc not being the best, it depends on what you are scaling to. I can't see any difference in Chroma Upscaling between Jinc and NNEDI3. Image scaling with NNEDI3 is superior, but only when the scaling factor is at least 2x. I don't mind adding 4 taps to any image scaler, but this is very aggressive and may lead to artifacts. Therefore, Jinc3 image scaling is superior because it is the most natural and contains the least amount of ringing. If you want a sharper image, add 4 taps to any image scaler and the image will be sharper. But this could be at the cost of increased ringing and artifacts.

Lastly, you can change the placement of subtitles from within Kodi. FFDShow is not needed.
Hi Warner306, thanks for the quick answer, for you to know im no pro in madvr so i only speak from my experience and for me jinc is not a big deal, ofc it can be good for many people, stil it cant be much better than lanczo 4 or spline 4.As for the dsplayer cant be used with streaming its a pitty but i understand perfectly, my only question is if we can at least test to see the difference?

As for ffdshow subs, i need them because kodi own subtitle renderer wont work with madVR and xysub cant present subtitles below 2.35 movies like itunes movies and many others ;O

Again a BIG THANKS for all your work on this guide, i now have pristine PQ on KODI ;D
(2015-04-28, 23:43)estupefacto Wrote: Hi Warner306, thanks for the quick answer, for you to know im no pro in madvr so i only speak from my experience and for me jinc is not a big deal, ofc it can be good for many people, stil it cant be much better than lanczo 4 or spline 4.As for the dsplayer cant be used with streaming its a pitty but i understand perfectly, my only question is if we can at least test to see the difference?

As for ffdshow subs, i need them because kodi own subtitle renderer wont work with madVR and xysub cant present subtitles below 2.35 movies like itunes movies and many others ;O

Again a BIG THANKS for all your work on this guide, i now have pristine PQ on KODI ;D

DSPlayer was not coded to play Internet streams. I would also like to use madVR to improve the quality of this content, but it is not going to happen, especially with a development team of one.

I think you should check the Kodi subtitle settings again. I am fairly certain there is a setting to place subtitles below the video. I have seen subtitles in this position on my television. This would allow you to use XySubFilter, but the difference could be negligible.
Hi Warner306, thanks again for the answer. When you say kodi own subtitle settings you mean those right above dsplayer settings in video settings? Does this kodi options affect xysubfilter or any other standalone subfilter?

And on the system settings - video output, does these settings affect dsplayer playback? because if i use madvr fullscreen exclusive mode i dont need the "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and "vertical blank sync" options enabled right? Because they can affect madVR playback on kodi or not?
(2015-04-29, 14:23)estupefacto Wrote: Hi Warner306, thanks again for the answer. When you say kodi own subtitle settings you mean those right above dsplayer settings in video settings? Does this kodi options affect xysubfilter or any other standalone subfilter?

And on the system settings - video output, does these settings affect dsplayer playback? because if i use madvr fullscreen exclusive mode i dont need the "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and "vertical blank sync" options enabled right? Because they can affect madVR playback on kodi or not?

The subtitle settings you are referring to impact any subtitle filter installed. As for the fullscreen, windowed option, the settings in Kodi only impact DVDPlayer and menu navigation. Settings in DSPlayer determine whether madVR is played in fullscreen or windowed mode. So the two settings are independent of each other.
@Warner306, I try play videos using redbull.tv addon and others (youtube, vevo), with dsplayer don´t go, any tip how I solve this?

ERROR: CFilterCoreFactory::GetFilterFromName Filter "internal_ffmpegsource" isn't loaded. Please check dsfilterconfig.xml
19:32:21 T:12256 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
19:32:21 T:12256 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
19:32:21 T:12256 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.redbull.tv/play/?video_id=AP-1H3AXKXG92111]
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-04-30, 00:35)Wanilton Wrote: @Warner306, I try play videos using redbull.tv addon and others (youtube, vevo), with dsplayer don´t go, any tip how I solve this?

ERROR: CFilterCoreFactory::GetFilterFromName Filter "internal_ffmpegsource" isn't loaded. Please check dsfilterconfig.xml
19:32:21 T:12256 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
19:32:21 T:12256 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
19:32:21 T:12256 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.redbull.tv/play/?video_id=AP-1H3AXKXG92111]

You need to install the playercorefactory.xml in the DSPlayer Starter Kit. DSPlayer can't play any streaming content. That file will direct this content to the default player, DVDPlayer.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7