• 30(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2016-10-18, 22:03)mhendu Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 21:12)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 19:34)mhendu Wrote: Thanks - that's a good suggestion. What I think I'll miss still, though, is integration with Trakt and with home automation (using XBMCState and Vera the lights turn off when I start playback and turn back on when I pause or stop playback). I can get start/stop automation to work but not for pausing movies.

Do you know if there's a way to set Kodi to change its resolution automatically, or to do this via LAV Filters potentially?

When you say "change resolution," do you mean refresh rates? If so, that option is found under Video -> Adjust display refresh rate. madVR display modes does the same thing.

Not refresh rate (madVR will do that for me) but the resolution - I'd like it to change from 4K down to 1080p when I play a file with a certain string in the filename, and change back once the file is stopped.

Make two profiles for display modes in madVR. Use profile rules to enable each profile.

One set of display modes should have 1080p output modes (e.g. 1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p60). The other set of display modes would use 2160p (e.g. 2160p23, 2160p24, 2160p50, 2160p60). madVR profile rules can account for filenames:

if fileName = "*3D*" "3D profile" else "Normal profile"
(2016-10-19, 02:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 22:03)mhendu Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 21:12)Warner306 Wrote: When you say "change resolution," do you mean refresh rates? If so, that option is found under Video -> Adjust display refresh rate. madVR display modes does the same thing.

Not refresh rate (madVR will do that for me) but the resolution - I'd like it to change from 4K down to 1080p when I play a file with a certain string in the filename, and change back once the file is stopped.

Make two profiles for display modes in madVR. Use profile rules to enable each profile.

One set of display modes should have 1080p output modes (e.g. 1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p60). The other set of display modes would use 2160p (e.g. 2160p23, 2160p24, 2160p50, 2160p60). madVR profile rules can account for filenames:

I thought that might do the trick but it didn't work. I tried with both settings (adjusting resolution when playback starts and when the player goes in fullscreen) and both resulted in the same behavior I'm already seeing. I believe madVR is putting the projector in 1080p24 mode already as otherwise the frame-packed display wouldn't work. However, the image that it's sending to the projector is only the top left corner of an upscaled 4K playback from Kodi. What I think I need to be able to do is to tell Kodi to switch to 1080p before it starts playback, basically. Any other suggestions? Maybe something like this?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200052
(2016-10-19, 05:26)mhendu Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 02:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 22:03)mhendu Wrote: Not refresh rate (madVR will do that for me) but the resolution - I'd like it to change from 4K down to 1080p when I play a file with a certain string in the filename, and change back once the file is stopped.

I thought that might do the trick but it didn't work. I tried with both settings (adjusting resolution when playback starts and when the player goes in fullscreen) and both resulted in the same behavior I'm already seeing. I believe madVR is putting the projector in 1080p24 mode already as otherwise the frame-packed display wouldn't work. However, the image that it's sending to the projector is only the top left corner of an upscaled 4K playback from Kodi. What I think I need to be able to do is to tell Kodi to switch to 1080p before it starts playback, basically. Any other suggestions? Maybe something like this?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200052

Not sure. I'm assuming you disabled refresh rate switching in Kodi and left this to madVR. If so, Kodi is unlikely to do any better.
Hi Warner,

I was using this previously but now with v17 it doesn't play with the normal video player.

Can you see anything wrong?

I want to give all internet steams to video player.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|mms|rtp" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2017-01-25, 12:56)Marklar Wrote: Hi Warner,

I was using this previously but now with v17 it doesn't play with the normal video player.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2480591
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2017-01-25, 12:56)Marklar Wrote: Hi Warner,

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Switch DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer.
I'm using Krypton and DSPlayer with Kodi and it mostly works great. One thing I noticed is that when I go into madVR GUI I see a profile group called DSPlayer. I'm assuming Kodi puts that in there is that correct? I wanted to add my own profile groups but it doesn't allow me to, it's greyed out.

Another issue I've found is I also use JRiver which has a plugin for madvr. When I go to JRiver and load the madVR Gui I now also see the profile group DSPlayer. The funny thing is madvr for kodi was installed using the directions provided on page 1 whereas the madvr for JRiver is in a separate folder...

Soo not quite sure what's going on or what to do?
(2017-01-26, 20:07)danielBmee Wrote: I'm using Krypton and DSPlayer with Kodi and it mostly works great. One thing I noticed is that when I go into madVR GUI I see a profile group called DSPlayer. I'm assuming Kodi puts that in there is that correct? I wanted to add my own profile groups but it doesn't allow me to, it's greyed out.

Another issue I've found is I also use JRiver which has a plugin for madvr. When I go to JRiver and load the madVR Gui I now also see the profile group DSPlayer. The funny thing is madvr for kodi was installed using the directions provided on page 1 whereas the madvr for JRiver is in a separate folder...

Soo not quite sure what's going on or what to do?

Switch DSPlayer to Load from madVR active profile then delete the DSPlayer profile groups. You have it set to Load and save with DSPlayer database, which creates dummy profiles for DSPlayer.
thanks I'll give it a try. I ran into another problem when watching a movie all of a sudden I'm not seeing a picture but I get the voice...I think I accidentally created a dvd merit rule which is blank. How do I delete that?
Ok deleted the profile group and can now create one. I think my above post can be cancelled. I went back to fullscreen mode than back to window and it's fine.
Hi,

i press by mistake on kodi and now it wont let go back to to main programma. How can i contact kodi by phoneHuh
(2017-01-28, 15:25)Suka097 Wrote: Hi,

i press by mistake on kodi and now it wont let go back to to main programma. How can i contact kodi by phoneHuh

I don't know.
Hi to all. I have installed DSPlayer 17.0 Krypton Beta6 - build (20161201-695a772) and LAV Filter 0.69.
But when I try to run an HDR Demo Video, the screen is all black.
And when I try to run a FullHD film, the TV change resolution and the video is very large. The refresh rate change when start a video but when i stop the video, the refresh don't come back to 60.

My Hardware:
Windows 10
I7-6700
nVidia GTX1060
Denon X3300W
TV Samsung KS8000

Thanks for your support.
(2017-01-31, 01:34)cyber201 Wrote: Hi to all. I have installed DSPlayer 17.0 Krypton Beta6 - build (20161201-695a772) and LAV Filter 0.69.
But when I try to run an HDR Demo Video, the screen is all black.
And when I try to run a FullHD film, the TV change resolution and the video is very large. The refresh rate change when start a video but when i stop the video, the refresh don't come back to 60.

My Hardware:
Windows 10
I7-6700
nVidia GTX1060
Denon X3300W
TV Samsung KS8000

Thanks for your support.

Try this build.

Use madVR to handle display mode switching. Instructions here.

If that doesn't work, use the Jarvis build in this setup guide. It is very stable and likely error-free.

FYI, I am still on Jarvis...
Thanks Warner306, but my installed release is the fix build.
With the Jarvis release, can I play UHD files? Hevc files?
And the HDR is supported?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7