• 4(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Thanks Warner306, work great.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-04-28, 19:03)estupefacto Wrote: ffdshow subtitle filter is stable to use instead xysub, i use it because i can put subs below any video Wink

Can you please tell me how did you did you manage to place subs below video?
I have tried to do this with madVR and xysubfilter but without any luck.
Using ffdshow didn't help me neither.

Thank you.
(2015-05-01, 21:00)Chop_CZ Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 19:03)estupefacto Wrote: ffdshow subtitle filter is stable to use instead xysub, i use it because i can put subs below any video Wink

Can you please tell me how did you did you manage to place subs below video?

Thank you.

I made a mistake earlier. I thought the internal Kodi subtitle settings impacted external subtitle filters used by DSPlayer. This is not true. You still have to minimize Kodi and select XySubFilter from the Taskbar.

More information in this updated post: 1966566 (post).
Thank you for the reply. Wink

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I want to display subs "below" video.
And by that I mean in the black bar area under the movie.
Is this even possible with the madvr? Huh
(2015-05-02, 20:23)Chop_CZ Wrote: Thank you for the reply. Wink

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I want to display subs "below" video.
And by that I mean in the black bar area under the movie.
Is this even possible with the madvr? Huh

If using XySubFilter, did you try repositioning the subtitles using the controls in this panel?

(2015-05-01, 21:00)Chop_CZ Wrote: Can you please tell me how did you did you manage to place subs below video?

Thank you.

You need to do whats on this guide in "Adding Custom Filters – Filters configuration" and follow the instructions but instead of adding the filter in the example you should add ffdshow subtitle filter. After that you go to media rules and set ffdshow subtitlte filter as subs filter for .mkv files.

Im sure you did that so the trick to make ffdshow subtitle filter show subs below video is this:

actually you see ffdshow raw video filter because i used it instead but you can just choose ffdshow subtitle filter and do the same.

(2015-05-03, 00:28)Warner306 Wrote: If using XySubFilter, did you try repositioning the subtitles using the controls in this panel?

actually thats the main problem in xysubffilter, its impossible to put subs below videos, so 2.35 movies with no black bars the subs will appear inside the video and thats bad. You can check their forum on doom9, last pages speak about this old issue and it appears madshi finnally is doing something right now to solve this, it shouldnt be hard but hes just one, so we cant be mad at madshi Tongue
Hi, thanks for responses. Wink

I have tried the Letterbox option with 16:9 ratio but I noticed this will actually "resize" the video area and put the black bars into it.
This option is not good because it will make my movie experience "smaller" it you know what I mean. Cool

I thought that you managed to place the subtitles below video without having to shrink the video itself.
(2015-05-04, 08:37)Chop_CZ Wrote: Hi, thanks for responses. Wink

I have tried the Letterbox option with 16:9 ratio but I noticed this will actually "resize" the video area and put the black bars into it.
This option is not good because it will make my movie experience "smaller" it you know what I mean. Cool

I thought that you managed to place the subtitles below video without having to shrink the video itself.

yeah, better than this only mpc-hc internal sub renderer or find a way to make kodi default sub renderer work with madvr Sad
(2015-05-04, 14:33)estupefacto Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 08:37)Chop_CZ Wrote: Hi, thanks for responses. Wink

yeah, better than this only mpc-hc internal sub renderer or find a way to make kodi default sub renderer work with madvr Sad

What happens when you leave the subtitle filter blank? You don't get any subtitles?
(2015-05-05, 01:13)Warner306 Wrote: What happens when you leave the subtitle filter blank? You don't get any subtitles?

xysubfilter is used anyways so you dont need to put it in media rules, you just need to put xysubfilter rar files inside madvr directory and run Install_XySubFilter from there so everytime you use madvr with subs xysub is used. If xysubfilter isnt installed i get no subs with madVR but with EVR i get some subs, ugly ones not sure from where they come because i dont have xysub installed and the only filters being used are the lav ones.
Hi all,

I firstly want to thank Warner306 for the great work,

I'm experiencing a problem using Kodi+DSplayer+MadVR. The problem is video randomly hangs. I can exit kodi and computer is not frozen but image hangs and I can't stop/rewind/etc.

I've try to change values to madVR with no succeed, no matter what I select. DVDplayer in the other hand works ok.

The hardware is an i5 processor and a nvidia 960 with latest official drivers on Windows 8.1.

This is the result of the log: http://pastebin.com/q6MR9izr

Anyone can lend a hand? I don't know where start looking at the problem.

Regards and many thanks
(2015-05-06, 12:53)Xander Log Wrote: Hi all,

I firstly want to thank Warner306 for the great work,

I'm experiencing a problem using Kodi+DSplayer+MadVR. The problem is video randomly hangs. I can exit kodi and computer is not frozen but image hangs and I can't stop/rewind/etc.

I've try to change values to madVR with no succeed, no matter what I select. DVDplayer in the other hand works ok.

The hardware is an i5 processor and a nvidia 960 with latest official drivers on Windows 8.1.

This is the result of the log: http://pastebin.com/q6MR9izr

Anyone can lend a hand? I don't know where start looking at the problem.

Regards and many thanks

Did you download the PDB file from the download page and place it alongside the Kodi.exe? This is needed for proper debug logging. Also, you should produce a madVR crash report and place the links for both of these logs in the DSPlayer forum. Only aracnoz can fix bugs such as these.
Hi, I have followed the guide to the Letter. But I'm still having an issue with judder.

I have tried all the smooth motion settings but its still there.

Curiously if I switch the renderer to EVR instead of madvr it cures the problem about 80% what other settings could be affecting judder?
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
I would reset all of your madVR settings to the default and start adding processing features back. Although not necessary, I would also uncheck all of the trade quality for performance checkboxes except for the one dealing with subtitles.

Play a video and check your rendering stats (Cntrl + J). You should be under the average rendering queue and report no dropped frames or presentation glitches. This means these counters are not increasing during playback. If so, video playback should be normal.

Also, madVR's version of 3/2 pulldown is not known to be great, so it is best to use refresh rate matching (I'm guessing you already are).

Outside of that, what you are experiencing could be normal 24hz playback, which is never completely smooth for me either.

Edit: If you are using a new version of madVR (not 08721 or older), this could also be a problem. Lastly, I suggest testing with fullscreen exclusive mode on and off.
Warner306, I've run the 10 bit test with my brand new OLED TV (LG 55EC930V) and to my eyes, the TV can support 10 bits. I can perfectly see that banding goes away in the pattern image when 10 bit, FSE and Direct3D 11 are on. In this context, should I then set Dither to None going forward?

My GPU is a modest Nvidia GTS 730 that supports up to Jinc 3 - AR for both Chroma and Luma scaling without throwing frames, but only for non-interlaced content, which by the way is the big majority of my video library. Rendering times are around 30-32 ms with this set-up.

Thanks a lot !!!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7