remote access a tv box
I've seen on ebay they sell the TV box fully loaded with Kodi and they said the can remote access to your tv box to fix the problem you have with Kodi.
I wonder what program they use to do this? Can they run Kodi from our box just like from their box?
Sounds like they're just running VNC or something on the box.
If you install TeamViewer from Playstore on the box, then it can be accessed from any computer terminal (win or mac) using TeamViewer. It's great, I use it all the time to remote support on boxes that I sell. Each box is sold with TeamViewer, i then ask customer to open the app on their box, give me the id number and then i can use TeamViewer on my imac to remote control it !
will this work on the fire stick?
(2015-04-03, 19:54)davidgilmore Wrote: If you install TeamViewer from Playstore on the box, then it can be accessed from any computer terminal (win or mac) using TeamViewer. It's great, I use it all the time to remote support on boxes that I sell. Each box is sold with TeamViewer, i then ask customer to open the app on their box, give me the id number and then i can use TeamViewer on my imac to remote control it !

hi david can you explain how you did this? thanks
(2015-03-27, 07:57)curtqn Wrote: I've seen on ebay they sell the TV box fully loaded with Kodi and they said the can remote access to your tv box to fix the problem you have with Kodi.
I wonder what program they use to do this? Can they run Kodi from our box just like from their box?

Why would anybody trust a dodgy eBay seller of "fully loaded" boxes especially if they say they want to remote into it!? Sounds like all sorts of BAD to me....
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2015-04-03, 19:54)davidgilmore Wrote: If you install TeamViewer from Playstore on the box, then it can be accessed from any computer terminal (win or mac) using TeamViewer. It's great, I use it all the time to remote support on boxes that I sell. Each box is sold with TeamViewer, i then ask customer to open the app on their box, give me the id number and then i can use TeamViewer on my imac to remote control it !

Old post but Im still trying to do this today
From my knowledge, teamviwer works, but you can only view it, not control it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote access a tv box0