Backened and Frontend
I have an ASUS Chromebox with Openelec 5.0.6/Kodi 14.2.

I am trying to decide between MythTV and TVHeadEnd.
I have iptv with no need for extra hardware. (Iprefer not to buy something else to have mythTV backend unless you can convince me that it's cheap)

Can I use Openelec/Kodi as a frontend to use the PVR add-on AND also use Openelec/Kodi as a backend to receive the iptv using MythTV or TVHeadEnd.

Does this backend software exist for Openelec? or do I need to have a different linux or windows operating system so i can run kodi and backend at the same time?
RaspBMC had an integrated TVHeadend option. You might check into it's successor, OSMC. Try hopping into their irc channel and asking as the new website is pretty thin on features.
Kodi 14.2: Mythbuntu-14.04.2 (1xC2D-T6400|4gb),(1xAth64+3800|2gb) | Win7 (2xC2D-8400|4gb) | OE 5.08 (2xRPi-B+)
MythTV 0.28-2825: Mythbuntu-14.04.2 (Ath64-3800|2gb|80gb/1tb) | mySQL for mythconverg | Kodi instance
Server 14.04.2: (AthX2+5000|4gb|80/500/2x3000Gb) | DNS/Wins/NFS/SMB/mySQL | Deluge/Sick/Couch/HTPCmon/LMS(squeeze)
Openelec has a tvheadend addon, and tvh does iptv. Openelec does not have a mythtvbackend addon. So your choice is Tvheadend Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Having said that, separating backend and frontend to different machines is better and enables you to choose any backend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backened and Frontend0