del
del
I don't remember the FTVS ever being "very laggy", and I've had one ever since they came out. There was an early issue with video quality, but that was fixed some time ago.

The FTVS will never be as fast as the FTV just due to the fact that it has a faster SoC, however Kodi works well enough on the stick and even running with running a fairly heavy skin like Aeon Nox 4 speed is not that bad.

But how "laggy" it is will mostly depend on how large your media library is (how many files you have, not the size).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am also very interested in how well the Fire Stick performs Kodi 14 compared to ATV wireless? 720P works well without buffering? What about 1080P?

I would buy a chromebox but since I need Netflix and I don't have a smart tv, thats not an option for me.
The buffering on the fire TV stick really depends on you router / connection. I have played a few 1080p that worked fine. However, I do prefer the wired connection offered with the fire TV box or pi 2.
Thanks for reply. Have ordered both and will test the stick for smaller tv in bedroom. Only 3 meter from the router Netgear AC. Should be fine.
Have both. They both run well. Sure the firestick is a little slower but is there a dual core that runs in android as well? I only paid 19 bucks for it at the time and makes a great bedroom or kitchen device. Its the wifi that impresses me the most. I expected it to be much worse. Whats the chip it uses?
Using the Fire Tv Stick and its just a great Kodi player. Updated to latest firmware, sideloaded Kodi. Pushed my userdata from other Kodi player and bam... Works just fantastic with HD material.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
del0