Win No Passthrough option available
Hi, had been using xbmc 13.2(gotham) for quite sometime.
An absolutely great product. Keep it up team.

Lately, I had bumped into the passthrough option and other audio settings on the forum and their advantages.
Have never explored these earlier. Decided to put them to use.

But to my surprise, there are no such options visible in the Audio settings section.
Thought it might be an issue with the version being used.
So, upgraded to 14.1. No luck.
Did a clean install by removing the profile. No luck.

Can you kindly help me with this?

The log can be found here, http://xbmclogs.com/ppat7f99l

Following is the screenshot of the available options.

Thanks.
I'm not sure but pass-through only works with digital outputs (hdmi, spdif,...). Your current output is speakers, which is analog. I think that's the reason.
Yes, that's fully right. Your Debug Log shows only PCM devices, so no passthrough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Pardon me for my ignorance.
Can you help me out? How can I view those settings?
I run Kodi/XBMC on my laptop and access the content from the home cinema system.
Idea is to have the audio from the content pass through to the system untouched.
Guys can you please help me out?

So, if I understand this correctly, I cannot have the passthrough option at all for my usecase. (accessing content from a tv)

Is that correct?
You're answer is in post#1 and confirmed in post #2

The option will show when you connect your laptop via hdmi or spdif
(2015-03-28, 11:06)LokeshBandaru Wrote: Pardon me for my ignorance.
Can you help me out? How can I view those settings?
I run Kodi/XBMC on my laptop and access the content from the home cinema system.
Idea is to have the audio from the content pass through to the system untouched.

Your idea of passthrough and how to use is wrong. How you use Kodi is just upnp library server and your TV do the decoding & rendering. What Kodi sent to your TV is media file data and your tv did all the decoding & rendering. The reason the option is not showed up in your system because you didn't connect Kodi to AVR either HDMI or SPDIF to do audio decoding via passthrough.

You can set any settings in video & audio it won't matter. The settings would effect only playback on your laptop and not on your TV. How you use Kodi is just tell Kodi to send the media file you want to watch to TV and your TV do the rest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Passthrough option available0